ToR – Development of Mobile Application
Promoting Inclusive Resilience and Accountability through Youth Association Strengthening (PRAYAS)
Terms of Reference (ToR) for development of Mobile Application for Janakpurdham Sub-Metropolitan city
VSO is the world’s leading independent, international development organization that works through National and international volunteer professionals. VSO Nepal is working in Nepal since 1964 to improve the lives of impoverished people in some of the country’s poorest districts, particularly focusing on vulnerable women and girls. We believe that people are the key to overcoming poverty, and that is why we work through volunteers. Drawn from many countries and all walks of life, they give their expertise, time and passion, and they share their skills with partner organizations ranging from grassroots groups to government agencies. It is a powerful, cost-effective way to create lasting results.
VSO implements a consortium project named ‘Promoting Inclusive Resilience and Accountability through Youth Association Strengthening’ (PRAYAS) which aims to strengthen the role of Youth-Led Civil Society Organizations (YLCs) to effectively engage youth and other marginalized groups in local Climate and Disaster Resilience (CDR) processes in Nepal’s new federal context. PRAYAS is establishing Climate Change Learning Center in the targeted wards to strengthen the capacity of children and youth and representatives of local authorities through orientation, and training led by youth leaders and provide a platform for managing and disseminating knowledge and information on Climate and Disaster Resilience.
As a part of this, development of mobile application in Janakpurdham Sub-Metropolitan City is proposed to increase the access of people on Climate and Disaster Resilience related knowledge and information.The mobile application is expected to incorporate the information, alerts and updates related to climate change, disaster and waste management in Nepali language.
The overall objective of the assignment is to develop community-responsive mobile application which will focus on presenting information, alerts and updates on climate change, disaster and waste management.
The specific objectives of the assignment are:
- Interaction with the Janakpurdham Sub Metropolitan City to finalize the needs of the Palika that should be addressed by mobile application.
- Develop mobile application for Android and IOS operating system on the basis of interaction with Palika. Some of the contents of the proposed mobile application includes:
- Locate waste collector vehicles
- Locate important institutions and services like police station, hospitals, Palika and ward offices, government line agencies, waste collectors, recyclers etc.with displaying multimedia content (interactive images, graphics, maps)
- Locate risky and open areas
- Important and emergencies contact numbers like ambulance, fire brigade, police etc.
- Awareness raising materials
- Citizen complaint icon
- Weather and disaster alerts
- Link mobile application with the bipad portal of municipality
- Link the mobile application to the municipality website
- Work directly with PRAYAS and Janakpurdham Sub-Metropolitan City, in order to meet specific requirements for the application
- Delivering the mobile application in a timely manner.
- Validation of application and Orientation to Palika and IT officer
3. Key deliverables:
- Interaction with project team and Palika to finalize the features of mobile application. Features of the application can be adjusted as per the availability of budget.
- Development of the design with the content finalized from interaction with project team and Palika and submit for review and approval
- Test and fix the quality and performance of the application
- Sharing of application for feedback and suggestion
- Finalization, including final quality testing and validation
- Orientation of mobile application to Palika and IT officer on functions of the application and how to run and update the content
- Support in Application launching event
- Maintenance and Support for one year
- Must maintain data confidentiality and security
The service provider will report to Climate Change Learning Center Consultant
5. Equipment for the Assignment
All the equipment needed for this assignment should be managed by the consultant. No equipment to be purchased under this assignment.
6. Required Qualifications and Experience:
Both individual consultant and firm can apply for this assignment. The consultant/firm should have following qualifications and experiences.
- The applicant should have at least 3 years of experience and proven record of application development in both Android and IOS.
- Previous working experience with local government, government projects, and I/NGOs will be an asset.
7. Duration of Assignment:
The consultant is expected to begin the assignment immediately after contract signing and accomplished within 30 days.
|SN||Description of tasks||Number of Days||Remarks|
|1||Inception meeting with project team and interaction with Janakpurdham Sub-Metropolitan City||2|
|2||Development of application and sharing for feedback||30|
|3||Incorporation of feedbacks; Quality testing and validation||5|
|4||Finalization of application||5|
|5||Orientation to Janakpurdham Sub-Metropolitan City and coaching/support to IT officer||3||Event cost will be managed by VSO|
8. Remuneration and Payment Procedures
The payment will be based on the financial proposal developed for this assignment. Payment will be made based on the deliverables. The initial payment of 20 % will be made once the provider develops product requirements and present initial wireframes. Final installment of 80% will be made after successful installation of the mobile application.
Event cost will be managed by VSO directly.
9. Intellectual Property
The contract will be work for hire. Therefore, all planning and work products and all final outputs of this assignment will be the property of VSO. Except for purposes of this assignment, no information about the planning or development of mobile application may be disclosed or used by the consultant without the written permission of the VSO Nepal.
10. Application Procedure
The individual/ firm must submit the following documents along with the technical and financial proposal.
- Cover letter
- Firm/company profile highlighting related assignment completed
- CVs of professional personnel proposed for the assignment
- Samples of previous productions
- Copy of company registration certificate
- Copy of PAN/VAT registration certificate
- Copy of Tax Clearance Certificate 2077/78 or tax extension letter of FY 2077/78 along with tax clearance certificate of FY 2076/77
11. Submission of Proposal
Interested and eligible individual and firms are requested to submit application along with proposal and required documents as mentioned above to email address email@example.com by 9th January 2022.