Terms of Reference (ToR) for Vocational and Skill Development Training to Project Affected Persons in Nuwakot District
Terms of Reference (ToR) for
Vocational and Skill Development Training to Project Affected Persons in Nuwakot District
SAPPROS Nepal is a national level non-profit making non-government organization (NGO), registered under the institutional enrollment act of Nepal. The organization is working with the aim to reduce the poverty in the country by assisting rural communities in building productive infrastructures, mobilizing local resources and promoting meaningful participation in planning and decision making at the grass root level. It envisions a poverty-free Nepal where the countrymen can engage themselves in innovative initiatives of having to worry about the possibility of the opportunities to do so. It has five holistic components of poverty alleviation, viz. (1) Food Security and Livelihoods (2) Organizational Development and Capacity Building, (3) Infrastructure and WASH (4) Health and Nutrition, and (5) DRR/M, Resilience and Climate Justice. SAPPROS has a policy of integrating institutions, infrastructure, resource generation, and local capacity building. It works to improve lives of small farmers and other disadvantaged communities by providing them opportunities for their socio-economic empowerment. Through various developmental and livelihood projects, SAPPROS’ outreach increased to 52 districts in the past 29 years, serving over 574,000 households.
SAPPROS Nepal is implementing Livelihood Restoration Program (LRP) for project affected persons (PAPs) in Nuwakot district. The main objective of the project is to restore the lost income of the PAPs. It aims to improve, or restore, the livelihoods and standards of living of the displaced persons. Therefore, SAPPROS Nepal intends to invite Proposal from the CTEVT affiliated training institutes to carry out vocational training in Belotgadhi Municipality of Nuwakot district. The main objective of the vocational and skill development training are:
- To provide and enhance relevant skills and knowledge of PAPs as per their choices for improved livelihoods
- To provide on the job training in collaboration with the potential employers/ relevant business firms
- To assist the PAPs to receive Skill Training Certificate from the CTEVT
- To support training participants for job placement or self-employment confirming the pre-defined income level
2. Scope of Work
Selected CTEVT affiliated institute should provide vocational training as per the CTEVT curriculums and time duration. Training should be more focused in practical session rather than theoretical knowledge. The selected institute should support to ensure 1000% job placement of participants who opt for employment. The training institute should coordinate with CTEVT/national Skill testing Board (NSTB) to provide National Skills Certificate after successful completion of the training.
3. Expected Deliverables
The selected institute should provide the training as per the TOR and deliver the following:
- Provide training as per the CTEVT curriculum and time duration in cooperating market demand skills in that particular enterprise. The training shall be conducted in Belkotgadhi Municipality – 7, Nuwakot. The actual venue will be decided depending upon the accessibility of trainee.
- After the training sessions, the participants shall be linked with the potential employers/business firms for employment
- The institute shall facilitate the trainee to receive National Skill Training Certificate from CTEVT/NSTB.
- The job placement shall be guaranteed to at least 80% of the participants who opt for employment after successful completion of training.
4. Implementation Plan
The training will be conducted as a non-residential training. As participants will be from the same municipality/ward, the training can be conducted in one place or on different clusters as in favour of participants for each training. The tentative start date of training will be from 15 September 2022. The proposed training date for each of the training events shall also be mentioned in the proposal.
The training institute shall submit a total budget with detail breakdown including applicable taxes at the time of proposal submission. The detail budget should include facilitation/resource person cost, training material cost, costs for skill test from NSTB and other relevant costs for conducting trainings. The training institute shall bear all tariffs, duties, and applicable taxes or charges levied at any stage during the execution of the work.
SAPPROS Nepal will make payment in four installments:
- First installment: 25 % of the agreed amount within two week of contract
- Second installment: 25 % of the agreed amount upon completion of half of the training.
- Third installment: 30% of the agreed amount upon completion of whole training.
- Fourth instalment: 20% of the agreed amount upon job placement of the participants as per the scope of work
6. Acceptance of Proposal
All rights to accept/reject proposal, without giving any reason, shall be reserved with SAPPROS Nepal. If deemed necessary, the institute shall be asked for modifications/negotiation and/or presentations of the proposal before approval.
7. Management of the Work
The selected institute will manage the work and be accountable for the timely delivery of the quality training. However, institute can consult with any other experts (specialists) if required during the contract period.
8. General Qualification of the Training Institute/Company
The training institute will be required to have the following qualifications:
- More than 5 years’ registration and affiliated to CTEVT to conduct vocational training
- More than 7 years’ experience working in providing training for livelihood restoration projects
- Expertise to deliver quality training in the selected trade/occupation
- Well equipped with training materials and equipment required to conduct training in the selected trades
- Excellent technical skills to ensure smooth and high-quality work
- Qualified and experienced trainers (with TOT) to facilitate the training
- Good coordination with CTEVT/NSTB to conduct skill tests
- Good record of job placement after training
- Preference will be given to the institutes who have worked with SAPPROS Nepal in the past.
9. Composition of the Team Members
All of the team members should have a proven experience in vocation training and livelihood restoration projects. Detailed CV of the team members including academic qualification, training received, and work experience is required to submit with the proposal.
10. Responsibilities of SAPPROS Nepal
The following are the responsibilities of SAPPROS Nepal:
- Provide reference material and guidance during work
- Review and approve the work plan, timeframe, and approach to be used
- Facilitate in establishing contact with field staff and participants
- Coordinate for the field visits to fix venue for conducting training
- Guide the entire process and provide feedback as and when required
- Pay the relevant costs related to the training that will be agreed in the contract.
11. Responsibilities of the Training Institute
The training institute will be responsible for carrying out all of the tasks outlined in this ToR and to ensure the delivery of outputs stated above within the agreed budget and timeline.
12. Termination of the Contract
SAPPROS Nepal will terminate the contract if the training institute commits a breach in the performance or observance of its obligation under this ToR. The training institute shall be notified in written within a week prior to the termination of the agreement.
13. Criteria of Proposal Evaluation
Proposals will be evaluated by an evaluation team of SAPPROS Nepal and the evaluation will be restricted to the criteria set before.
- A 2 stage procedure will be executed in evaluating proposals, with evaluation of the Technical
- Proposal is being completed prior to any evaluation of the Financial Proposal.
- Technical Proposals receiving 60% score or higher, will be considered technically responsive and the Financial Proposal will be opened. Proposals which are considered not technically compliant and non- responsive will not be given further consideration.
- Financial Proposal is opened and compared among those bidders which is found most technically responsive in the evaluation of the Technical Proposals and given maximum scores to the lowest offered bid.
- Evaluation Team will evaluate proposals and select a training institute, at its absolute discretion. Criteria that maybe used include but are not limited to the following, in no particular order:
- Competitive price offered by bidder.
- Demonstrated excellence in service, support and extended warranties.
- Ability to deliver the vocational skills training by the required dates.
- Product quality, reputation and performance.
- Acceptance of the conditions of this TOR
- Rate of job placement success
- Reliable training delivery methods and approaches
- Proven performance and experiences in working with I/NGOs.
- Training and employment providing institute who can conduct training on the spot are preferable.
- Bidder with prior experience working with SAPPROS Nepal will be given priority.
14. Documents to be submitted by the Institute
The proposal can be submitted in individual or whole package. There is no mandatory for whole training package, that is, a company/institute can submit proposal for only 1 or 2 training courses, or for all enterprises as per the company/institute interest and capacity. The application shall contain the following documents:
A. Technical and Financial Proposal
- Technical Proposal (As per Annex 2)
- Institute/company Profile and Experience
- Detail on vocational training including plan of job placement for participants
- CVs of training coordinator and trainers
- Time line /work schedule
- Financial Proposal: Total budget breakdown including taxes; training material cost, resources person fee, CTVT skill test fee etc. (As per Annex 3)
B. Other Documents
- Company/institute profile with relevant experiences
- A copy of company/institute registration
- A copy of tax clearance certificate
- VAT/PAN registration
- Recent audit report
- A copy of CTEVT affiliation
- Letter from NSTB regarding number of participants with skill test
- Reference letters from clients clearly showing skill tests and job placement information
- Any other relevant documents.
Technical and financial proposal, CVs of experts/trainers and other required documents as above should reach the address given below by 7 September 2022, 17:00 hours (Local Time). Please enclose the application and proposals in the prescribed format (as per the attached Annexes) in an envelope and mark it “Proposal_Vocational_Training_Nuwakot” and submit it at the address given below:
G39 Kha Surya Marga, Babarmahal
Annex 1: Description of Vocational Skill Trainings
Note: In case of training where participants are less, training can be conducted by merging our participants in other existing training of same nature (should not exceeded 7 days from training start date) and budget can be proposed accordingly.