Terms of Reference for Project Cycle Management Training to Project Manager(s)
Terms of Reference
Project Cycle Management Training to Project Manager(s)
Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. is one of the largest Non-Governmental Organizations in Germany operating in the field of Humanitarian Assistance and Development. It was established in 1962 as the German section of the “Freedom from Hunger Campaign”, one of the world’s first initiatives aimed at the eradication of hunger. Welthungerhilfe’s work is still dedicated to the following vision: all people have the right to a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty.
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) has been operational in Nepal since 2012, and it is currently managing different projects in nine districts under four thematic areas (sectors): food and nutrition security, WASH, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), and right to food and empowerment. WHH works hand in hand with civil society in Nepal to empower socially marginalized and economically poor citizens, to strengthen their resilience and to ensure their right to adequate food and nutrition.
2. Purpose of this assignment
The main purpose of this assignment is to provide training on project cycle management training and equip project staff with skills, knowledge, and new tools. This will ultimately improve the performance of staff in project planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, and successful closure of the project.
WHH Nepal is looking to contract an independent and qualified consultant/consulting firm with specific track record in similar field. The selected consultant/consulting firm will be assigned to access the existing capacity of the project manager(s)/Coordinator(s) and tailored the training package in consultation with WHH management team and deliver the 3-4 days training.
3. Key actions of the assignment include (but are not limited to)
- Assess the existing PCM understanding and tool: organise a quick capacity assessment need of the participants virtually, including the WHH project management tool and assess the gaps/area of improvement.
- Design the tailored made package: based on the gaps/area for improvement, prepare a tailored made package in close consultation with WHH management team. The training package will be 3 days- residential. Consultant may take one ongoing project as an example while tailoring the training package.
- Facilitate the training sessions to the selected project manager/coordinator(s) using the participatory tools. Training venue will be managed by WHH for this residential training
- Share the training materials with participants for future reference.
- Prepare a training completion report highlighting the key learning and submit to WHH.
The following key deliverables are expected to be produced by the consultant/consulting firm.
a. A detail inception report (in English) outlining the understanding of the TOR, methodology to be used and, where relevant information collection tools, including timeline.
b. Tailored made PCM training package, including detail schedule.
c. A training completion final report highlighting pre/post training results. The report should be submitted initially as a draft and be finalised in consultation with WHH.
d. Photographs collected during the training (annexed to the final report).
5. Assignment location and duration
The assignment is home based; however, the actual training location will be in Kathmandu valley or nearby area. The training location will be communicated to the consulting firm/consultant in advance.
The assignment will be organised in last week of August 2022. The consultant is expected to accomplish this assignment within 10 working days; however, consultant can propose the actual working days required for preparation, training facilitation and completion report preparation.
6. Consultant requirements
The consultant/consulting firm shall have sound experience in similar assignments and consolidated technical expertise in capacity development particularly focusing on Project cycle management. If the consultant /consulting firm will propose a team (team leader and additional team members) to accomplish the task, it is expected the consultant/consulting firm will clearly state the number of proposed members, detailing their specific role, expertise, and responsibilities in line with the scope of the study.
Core competencies required include:
- Demonstrated experience and competency/understanding on the range of topics needed for the project cycle management training with university degree in development management/international development or equivalent degree.
- +10 years’ experience in development programme/project management
- Experience in certification with PRINCE2 project management, program D Pro training or equivalent certification will be advantageous.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
7. Budget requirement
Consultant/organization/consulting firm are requested to propose the required budget in a given financial proposal template below.
8. Payment of fees and associated costs
The contractor will be paid the first instalment, corresponding to the 30% of pre-VAT contract amount, upon submission of approved inception report. Remaining value of the contract will be paid upon successful completion of the assignment and receipt of original invoices/receipts and supporting documents of the costs. Applicable tax as per Nepal tax rule will be deducted from the final payment.
9. Insurance of persons involved in the assignment
Insurance and other related costs of the consultant and person(s) associated to this assignment will be solely responsibility of the contractor.
10. Deadline for proposal and details of what is required
The interested and qualified consultant/consulting firm must apply by 17:00 hours (COB) dated 15 August 2022 via email address given below. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The proposal should include:
- A brief technical proposal outlining how the work will be undertaken, the proposed methodology, the team composition, time schedule (around 5 pages maximum for the overall technical proposal).
- A budget
- A workplan
- CVs of the proposed team members
- Company profile & VAT certificate (in case of company).
- Suppliers declaration form signed
Please go through the link below to download the Supplier Declaration form:
If you have any question(s) on TOR, please write your queries at email@example.com by COB 10 August 2022. Any queries received after 10 August will not be considered.
Please note that the selected consultants/consulting firm should adhere with WHH SOP for development project in context of COVID19 and government protocols regarding COVID19 prevention.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further evaluation process. Welthungerhilfe Nepal reserves all the rights to reject any or all application without assigning any reasons.