RFP for Third Party Safety Assessment of Building
Rastriya Rojgar Prawardhan Kendra (RRPK) is a non-governmental, non-profit making social development organization. RRPK was established in 2061 BS (2004 AD) by a team of active professionals with long experience in the field of integrated community development, specifically community organization, health and disability, HIV and AIDS, Community forestry, micro-finance, gender and empowerment, good governance, child rights, Livelihood, Safe Migration, DRR and WASH. RRPK is registered under Society Registration Act, 2034, at the District Administration Office of Sarlahi. It is affiliated with the Social Welfare Council (SWC) Nepal and a member of NGOCC and Federation Sarlahi. RRPK started its social development programme in Sarlahi district from 2005. RRPK is continuously being supported by different national, international donors and I/NGOs as well as government of Nepal.
Rastriya Rojgar Prabardhan Kendra (RRPK) partner organization of WVIN based in Sarlahi district. It has recently completed construction of 5 earthquake resistant school building at Haripurwa, Parsa, Chandranahar and Brahmapuri Rural/Municipalities of Sarlahi district. The type of buildings constructed are according to the typology defined and approved by Government of Nepal. In the same process, RRPK wants to have third party involvement in evaluating the safety of the structure and check implementation according to the design/plan. The process is to carry out the Structural vulnerability assessment, analysis and evaluation according to the design/plan and make recommendations for corrective action on individual structural/non-structural member of school building.
Depending upon the findings of this study, WVIN/RRPK is now looking to monitor and verify the structural integrity of school building constructed under SIKAI project. The findings of this evaluation will be used to guide future decision making for construction and its scale up in the further construction works planned in education/health sector. These all can be identified only from trained, experienced and resourceful structural/earthquake engineers and engineering consulting firms. Hence, it is proposed to hire consulting service from eligible agencies registered firms/organizations/individuals to carry out the above task.
Qualification and Experience required
- The consultant/firm should have team of structural engineers (master’s degree in structural engineering) and civil engineers (bachelor degree in civil engineering) as mentioned in detail TOR.
- Sound knowledge and understanding on collecting and documenting for the related data from field to analyze the structure.
- Have experience in structural safety assessment; especially of building structure.
- Good communication, facilitation and interpretation skills.
- Have experience in handling engineering software required for the analysis of structures.
How to apply
Interested qualified individuals/ firms are requested to submit their application at email@example.com along with following documents within 16th March, 2022 before 5:00 PM.
- Technical Proposal with detail methodologies
- Financial Proposal- As per attached template
- An updated CV of proposed team members.
- Consultant Registration Form -Attached
- Supplier Code of Conduct – Attached
- Signed on attached TOR (Annex 4)
- Registration certificate( In case of form)
- PAN/VAT registration certificate
- Tax clearance certificate
Note: Please find the ToR & required formats from the below link.