RFP for Consulting Services
Request for Proposals
Terms of Reference for a Procurement Consultant
Renewable World is a development organization which tackles poverty using renewable energy. We support the provision of affordable renewable energy services to improve incomes, health and education in the developing world. Renewable World is looking for a Procurement Consultant to lead the development of its technical standing listing and finalize Renewable World Nepal’s Procurement Guidelines and Procedure. These should take into consideration the Government of Nepal’s Procurement Policy Act and sit beneath Renewable World overall global procurement policy.
2. Objective& Scope of Work:
The main objective of this consultancy is to provide Renewable World with specialised technical support enabling the finalisation of its Procurement Guidelines and Procedure for the procurement of goods and services for Renewable World project in line with the policies and procedures of the Government of Nepal and Renewable World’s global policy. The consultant is also expected to prepare of the organisation’s Technical Standing list. The consultant will be expected to work closely with Renewable World’s Global Technical Manager, and Head of Finance and Operations in an effective and efficient manner and complete the activities / deliverables within the agreed due dates.
3. Major Roles and Responsibilities
The following are the major responsibilities of the consultant and the deliverables the consultant will be expected to produce:
Renewable World Procurement Guidelines and Procedure development, lead contact at Renewable World: Head of Finance and Operations
- Support on finalisation of Renewable World Nepal’s Procurement Guidelines and Procedure.
- Support on finalisation of standard format for Invitation for Bids (IFB) and develop the preliminary, financial and post qualifications requirements and format for the compilation of an evaluation report in accordance with the Nepal Government requirement.
- Provide clarifications and develop the procedure for bid evaluation according to Nepal Procurement Act.
- Develop standard contract agreement formats (i.e., for goods and service contract) in accordance with the Nepal government procurement act and RW guidelines.
- Support the finalization of the process for planned procurement activities.
Development of Technical Standing list for Renewable World, lead contact at Renewable World: Global Technical Manager
- Preparation of Technical Standing list requirements, focusing on the field of renewable energy.
- Develop the organizational process for ‘Request for Proposals’ for the Technical Standing list and support in the publication of the notice.
- Development of evaluation criteria, evaluation of proposals and finalisation of Technical Standing list of technical goods and services providers, in collaboration with the Global Technical Manager.
- Notification of selection of vendors, finalisation of framework contract format and completion of process with selected vendors.
Training for Renewable World team
- Provide advice, mentoring, coaching to execute all stages of the procurement cycle in accordance with the Renewable World and national procurement Guidelines and procedures.
4. Qualifications and Experience:
Master’s in Finance/Business Administration/Economics/ Management/Procurement/Law or any other relevant field. Professional degree in Procurement from any recognized institution will be given preference.
At least fifteen (15) years general work experience including ten (10) years of experience in the field of procurement in a public/autonomous/international organization.Candidates with experience in both public and international sectors will be given priority.
Sound understanding of the principles underlying good procurement practices; procurement guidelines of international agencies; procurement rules and procedures of the Government of Nepal; ability to identify and resolve procurement issues.
5. Duration of the Consultancy:
The consultancy will be for 10 working days (if a greater number of days are required, the consultant to justify this within their proposal) to be delivered within a period not exceeding 3 months.
6. Payment Schedule:
This is a time-based contract and payments will be made based on delivery of the service. The consultant fee shall represent the consolidated remuneration inclusive of applicable Income Tax and VAT as per the laws of Nepal.
The consultant shall bear all his/her insurance and medical costs for the duration of his/her services.
7. Expected Date of Start:
Expected date of start is July 10th, 2021.
Interested applicants and form meeting above criteria are requested to send their complete CV with their financial proposal in the format provided in the link below. The employer reserves all the rights to accept or reject any or all the applications without any reasons thereof. Undue influence will result in automatic rejection of application.
Applying for the post:
Please send your CV, covering letter and financial proposal to email@example.com by Thursday 1st July. Please follow the link for TOR and financial proposal format: https://renewable-world.org/about-us/our-team/work-with-us/#7656