Request for Proposal
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
Conduct a Situation and Political Economy Analysis of the Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector in Nepal
- The consultant(s)/Consulting Firm is invited to submit a Technical Proposal and a Financial Proposal. The technical and financial aspects should be described separately as per the indication of Section–3 (Technical Proposal Submission Format) and Section-4 (Financial Proposal Submission Format) in this RFP. Both the proposals will be the basis for selection.
- Costs for preparing the proposal and of negotiating the contract are not reimbursable.
- Consultant(s)/Consulting Firm should observe the highest standard of ethics during the selection process and implementation of contracts.
- The attempt of any consultant (s)/Consulting Firm to influence the internal WaterAid Nepal independent evaluation and selection process will automatically lead to the removal of the proposal from consideration. In addition, any misrepresentation of facts or institutional capacity will also lead to the removal of the misrepresented proposal from consideration.
- WaterAid Nepal reserves the right to amend and modify this RFP document and can select consultants for this assignment cited in Section- 2 (Point 8. Final Deliverables) of this RFP either for the entire content of the proposal or a part thereof.
Clarification and Amendment of RFP Documents
At any time before the receipt of proposals, WaterAid Nepal may for any reason, whether at its own initiative or in response to a clarification requested by an invited consultant, amend the RFP. Any amendment will be issued in writing and will be binding. WaterAid Nepal may at its discretion extend the deadline for the submission of proposals.
Preparation of Proposal
Consultant(s) are requested to submit their proposal written in English (font – Arial, Size -12 Paper size A4). Proposals must remain valid for a minimum of 90 days after the submission date.
- In preparing the Proposal, consultant(s)/Consulting Firm are expected to examine the documents constituting this RFP. Material deficiencies in providing the information may result in rejection of a proposal.
- While preparing the Proposal, consultant must give particular attention to the following:
- It is desirable that the key professional staff who would be involved in the assignment have an extended knowledge of the topic of the assignment or similar areas
- Reports or communication with WaterAid to be issued by the Consultant(s) as part of this assignment must be in English.
- The proposal shall provide the following information using the format given in this RFP:
- A brief description of the consultants’ and consulting firm’s experience and an outline of recent experience on assignments of a similar nature using the format as placed in the Section 3.
- A description of the methodology and detailed work plan for performing the assignment.
- Brief profile of the proposed key staff (if any)
- In preparing the Financial Proposal, consultant(s)/consulting firm’s are expected to take into account the requirements and conditions outlined in the RFP documents. The Financial Proposal should follow Standard Forms (Section 4).
- The Financial Proposal should clearly identify, item wise summary of cost for the assignment with detail breakdown, the taxes, VAT, duties, fees, levies and other charges to be included under the applicable law. WaterAid Nepal will deduct VAT and Tax at source according to the GoN rules and deposit the said amount to government treasury.
For detailed Terms of Reference, Please go through the link below;
Submission, Receipt, and Opening of Proposals
The original proposal (Technical and Financial) should be submitted electronically to the email address email@example.com with “Conducting a Situation and Political Economy Analysis of the Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Sector in Nepal” as the subject.
Proposals submitted to any other e-mail account except the above will be treated as disqualified.
Submissions after the deadline 29 April 2022 (23:59 pm) will be treated as disqualified.
The financial and technical proposals along with all required documents should be emailed as an attachment in one zip folder in the name of the consultant.
Neither the technical nor the financial proposal should exceed 10 pages altogether, and both needs to be submitted in PDF format.
The Proposal will be reviewed by the procurement committee and will be evaluated in keeping with the guidelines of WaterAid Nepal.