Job title: Project Coordinator
Department / Unit: Nepal Country Office
Place of Assignment: Kathmandu, Nepal
Position is: 01.05.2022-28.02.2023 with possibility of extension
Supervisor: Program Manager
Date of revising JD: 4.4.2022
Other reporting responsibilities and internal cooperation parties:
Nepal Country Office (NEPCO) Senior Management Team (SMT), Program Team, Finance & Admin Team, FCA’s Head Office- Service and Accountability Center (SAC), Thematic Advisors and representatives for the donor (Women’s Bank, Finland).
Primary purpose of the position:
Responsible for successfully implementing the “BUZZ- Sustainable business through Black Soldier Fly Larvae (BSFL) Production” pilot project. The main objective of the role is to support the establishment of a women led enterprise and bring this to profitability as quickly and sustainabily as possible. This will be done in close collaboration with FCA’s implementing partner organisation. The Project Coordinator will provide support to partner NGO to ensure that FCA’s standards of project planning, implementation and monitoring tools and techniques are applied. S/he will be responsible to prepare and ensure the quality of NGO partners’ progress reports and provide summary to Program Manager. S/he will carry out monitoring visits and capacity assessments of partner organizations and prepare plans and initiatives to build the capacity of the NGO partners as per the assessment. The position is also responsible for maintaining quality donor compliances.
- Together with FCA’s implementing partner, implement the project deliverables as per the timeline and workplan, taking into account the pilot nature of the undertaking
- Support to establish women led pilot enterprise and build the capacity of enterpreneurs/employees to start and operate the Black Soldier Fly business
- Work towards profitability for the pilot enterprise as quickly and sustainably as possible.
- Support the enterprise in developing business plans/strategy for Black Soldier Fly and its bi-products
- Support and build the capacilty of the enterpreneurs/ employees to generate profit through development of Business to Business marketing strategy and establish market linkages for Black Soldier Fly and its bi-products
- Identify and build linkage with waste resourcing centres (eg. Restaurants, tarkari bazaar, farmers etc.)Support and build the capacity of the enterprise to access finance
- Support the enterprise to develop sustainability plans
- Manage knowledge and data of the project activities and review data for verification to assure accuracy and reliability.
- Ensure quality reporting (narrative and financial) as per FCA standards
- Prepare compliance calendar and implement accordingly, and ensure other requirements of donor(s) are fulfilled.
- Manage information and prepare report to meet the government of Nepal’s compliance, especially SWC
- Conduct monitoring visits to project areas and address/ raise any identified issues or prepare a mitigation plan together with the project team, , ensuring appropriate and timely responses to issues identified
- Organize and facilitate review and reflection meeting with partner and FCA team, and incorporate the feedback during planning process
- Support the partner’s project team to prepare plans and progress reports of the project, ensuring that the documentation captures all relevant information and lessons for possible future uses
- Develop exit strategy following FCA’s guidelines
- Liaising with FCA SAC advisors to ensure alignment of the project compliances with donor requirements
- Maintain networking and coordination with government agencies and other stakeholders
- Act as a positive team player to create positive environment in FCA and it’s partner
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
- Master’s Degree with at least five years of relevant experience or Bachelor Degree with at least seven years of relevant experience
- Experience in enterprise establishment, preferably women led
- Experience in developing and executing business models and plans
- Proven track record in profit generating business
- Experience in Black Soldier Fly rearing and production will have added value
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication, negotiation and networking skills and team-working attitude
- Excellent writing skills, good attention to detail and highly numerate
- Gender sensitive and responsive
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently under pressure in an organized and responsive manner
- Excellent communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, graphics presentations and other relevant applications.
Responsibilities and independence (please choose the most suitable option)
- Problem solution requires an ability to independently search for, select and combine existing information in a novel way. Work is based on plans and the position holder’s expert status, and it may include responsibility for operations, finances or personnel.
Physical and psychological burden imposed
- Nepal is a high risk country
- Frequent travel to field locations, particularly Southern Lalitpur
- Instability (political)
- Fraud and corruption threats
- Project donor (Women’s Bank Finland)
- FCA SAC and NEPCO colleagues
- FCA’s implementing partner FWEAN
Substitution and representation
For Registered Candidate:
Login to https://p2p.com.np/ with your username and password, click on the job you want to apply for and press “APPLY” that appears on the selected job page.
For New Candidate:
Go to https://p2p.com.np/
Register/Create new account,
Use your newly created username and password to login
Click on the job you want to apply for
And press “APPLY” that appears on the selected job page.
If cover letter/ CV is not attached, a pop up will appear The pop up will direct to “MANAGE COVER LETTER/ CV” page where you can add/upload cover letter/ CV, then press “APPLY” at the bottom of the page.