Foreman Preventive Planned Maintenance (FPPM)
Internal & External Job Advert
Grade: FPPM (Foreman Preventive Planned Maintenance)
Location: DIO-N (Kathmandu)
Req No: 1
British Gurkhas Nepal
Application Closing Date: 06 April 2022
(issue date: 21 March 22; Ref No 12)
Defence Infrastructure Organisation (Nepal) (DIO(N)) British Gurkhas Kathmandu has 38 civilian staff who provide technical/ engineering support to BGK & BG Dharan. The department’s primary output is the delivery of new infrastructure and the management and maintenance of existing infrastructure, including electrical distribution systems, mechanical plant, water treatment facilities, boilers, heating plant and other critical life support infrastructure in support of HQ BGN in Nepal.
BGN Equal Opportunity Protocol:
HQ BGN believes in and promotes equality and diversity and therefore will not discriminate on grounds of gender, orientation, ethnicity, caste, belief, age, disability or communal background. Attempts to manipulate the recruitment process may lead to disqualification of the application.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan & manage all mandatory and statutory Schedule C Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks & inspections in accordance with DIO Specification 005 and relevant lead references.
- Work on the local Facilities & Project Management software (PROM/PCT) to create task schedules, update task schedules, update completed tasks, create task dockets, print task dockets, update, and maintain the site Infrastructure asset register.
- Maintain & manage the Water treatment plant, Reverse Osmosis plant, Ammonia Removal Plant and Water disinfection systems in BGK. Carry out repairs, maintenance and supervision of water production and distribution systems in BGK.
- Co-ordinate Bacteriological and Chemical analysis of water supplies (using a combination of in-house and external capability) in accordance with the parameters and frequencies laid down in the extant UK Water Supply Regulations and HQ BGN water safety plans.
- Operation and maintenance of electricity generators in BGK camp, BGK SSFAs and BGD Camp.
- Supervision of installation and maintenance of Fire Detection Systems in BGK and BGD Camp.
- Planning, estimation & supervision of redecoration (painting) works at BGK and BGD camp.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering based subject. Candidates that hold an Engineering based Diploma with appropriate experience will also be considered.
- The successful candidate will have high level of written and spoken English and Nepali and be familiar with MS Office based applications.
- The successful candidate will be able to interpret complex Engineering design drawings and conduct basic sketches for others to conduct estimates from.
The following behaviours will be assessed at interview: Changing and Improving, Leadership, Working Together, Developing Self and Others, Delivering at Pace. (please visit the footnote for better understanding).
- Internal candidates: SZ1/SZ2/SZ3/E1/E2 for promotion and SZ4 for level transfer.
- External candidates: Nepali Citizen between 18 to 58 years
Benefits & Working Environment:
- Salary 99,787.00 NPR per month, weekly working hours – 40hrs (Full Time, Permanent).
- Gratuity after completing 3 years’ service
- Dashain Bonus & Retirement Funds (EPF & CIT).
- Annual leave 25 days and public holidays 10 days.
- 100% reimbursement of Medical expenses for Job Holder and limited reimbursement for immediate dependents.
- Child allowance up to 18years.
How to apply:
Application form is available here. It must be fully completed and returned to the Human Resources Office (HRO) via email (email@example.com ) only by 06 Apr 22. Interviews for candidates successful at sift will take place end of Apr 22.
Definitions of the listed Behaviours may be found at: