Expression of Interest for Partnership
Triangle Génération Humanitaire (TGH ), is an International Solidarity Organization born in 1994 from the desire to develop a cross-disciplinary and sustainable expertise. TGH integrates emergency relief, rehabilitation and development in its programmes within a comprehensive approach, using an environmental approach wherever possible.The association designs and implements programmes in collaboration with national and international partners through the identification and mobilization of local skills and resources wherever possible. This approach aims at responding as closely as possible to the needs expressed by the beneficiary populations, by elaborating comprehensive and sustainable solutions leading towards the autonomy of the groups of people benefiting from these programs.
TGH opened its mission in Nepal in 2015, following the earthquakes, and implemented at first some emergency and reconstruction programsin both Kavrepalanchowk and Sindhupalchowk districts.The ongoing and future programs concern the recovery and development. TGH’sintervention sectors are Food Security and Livelihood (FSL), Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) as well as Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR). TGH works in close partnership with local organizations and the local government bodies in order to support the economic recovery process of earthquake affected communities and vulnerable communities.
B. Prospective program: TGH, in consortium with Médecins du Monde (MdM )–another French NGO working in Nepal since 1995 –, is developing a new program which focuses on supporting the transition of rural Nepal towardssustainable food-chain production and zero-chemical and zero-plastic patterns in order to protect farmers, consumers and the environment.
This can be achieved via, on the one hand, the transformation of the current food production and distribution systems through the support of alternative farming initiatives, and, on the other hand, the promotion of healthy farming practices which will minimize the risks related to chemical exposure.
These activities will be implemented in five or six municipalities of the districts of Kavrepalanchowk, Sindhupalchowk and Ramechhap, Bagmati Province, Nepal, for an expected duration of 3 years.
The action intends to address the following issues:
- Unsustainable food production patterns;
- Limited access to new technologies and tools;
- High youth unemployment;
- Health risks for farmers and communities.
C. Requirements and criteria
In order to implement the hereby described program, TGH Nepal is seeking for an implementation partnerfilling the following criteria:
- The organization must be a competent civil society organization, local non-governmental organization, and Federation duly registered or established and currently operating as per prevailing laws in Nepal.
- Preference will be given to the organizations established by or among the beneficiary groups and having technical competencies or proven experiences.
- The organization should not be a political party or affiliated to a political party.
- The organization must have legal status up-to-date (registration / renewal, audits, tax clearance etc.) as per the requirement of the governmental laws of Nepal.
- The sectors of intervention of the organization must be in line with at least one of TGH and the described program sectors,namely Food Security and Livelihood, Water Sanitation Hygiene, Disaster Risks Reduction.
- The Organization has an experience in strengthening the small-farmers and agriculture cooperatives through the cooperatives management in terms of financial aspects, agricultural aspects.
- The organization must have an experience of at least 5 years in implementing projects and programs in sectors such as agriculture and livestock, organic farming and similar sustainable family farming practices, income-generation activities and entrepreneurship, cooperative, construction of WASH facilities and hygiene promotion, climate change and adaptation to natural hazards etc. Preferences will be given to the organization that has experiences on food system development.
- The organization must have adequate implementation capacities, including but not limited to basic planning, evaluation, reporting, monitoring and results tracking.
- The organization should have good network within the national, provincial and local level government. Having its own district and local network will be an important asset for the organization.
- The organization’s operation should match with TGH values and applies the principles of participation, non-discrimination, accountability and transparency within the organization and its programs as well as with other potential partners, suppliers, sub-contractors.
- The organization must have an appropriate system for good management and governance, ensuring compliances with government regulation, transparency and accountability towards beneficiaries, stakeholders and donors in its decisions and day-to-day work.
TGH reserves the rights to request further details and documents from the shortlisted organizations during the course of EOI evaluation and negotiation processes.
TGH reserves the rights to reject any applicant or to dismiss the EOI process without any prior notice or justification to applicants.
The partnership is subject to the availability of funding and the approval of all the necessary documents by the governmental agencies, including the approval of the Project Agreement by the Social Welfare Council (SWC).
D. How to apply
Interested organizations are invited to submit an “Expression of Interest” (EOI) composed of the 2 following parts:
1/ A document of maximum 5 pages, inPDF version (font Arial size 12), and explaining clearly:
The capacities and abilities of the organization to implement such a project, including past and ongoing experiences;
The team set-up proposed for the partnership and the implementation, including names of main team members;
The governance and management systems of the organization;
Any other relevant information that could support the application.
2/ The scan copies of the latest (2021) legal documents such as organization registration /renewal certificate, statutes, audit report, tax submission, as well as organizational documents such as the strategic plan / business plan of the organization,its organization chart, and the 3 main team members bio / resume.
Any queries can be sent to TGH via email and no later than 22nd November 2021.
Answers will be sent via email for selected organization before 24th November 2021.
No question will be answered via phone call or oral conversation, and any information obtained orally will not be considered legitimate.
The full application should be submitted on or before 29th November 2021 – 5.00 PM via email, with the subject line “EOI – Province 3 – (Name of the organization)”.
Triangle Génération Humanitaire
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of this EOI is also to developa roster of Nepalese NGOs with which TGH could work in the future based on project development and funding opportunities.
TGH will not bare any expenses related to the participation of the applicant’s organization in the hereby EOI process.