Expression of Interest
Expression of Interest
IEC Materials for community awareness for MTaPS Nepal
MTaPS Nepal’s initial goal is to strengthen the country’s pharmaceutical system, with emphasis on the Department of Drug Administration (DDA),) and implementation of good pharmaceutical practices in private sector pharmacies and government health facilities aimed at ensuring safe, good quality medicines that are prescribed and dispensed appropriately.
Good pharmacy practices are poorly implemented in Nepal and all to often are patients dispensed prescription medicines, such as antibiotics, without having consulted a prescribed and obtained a prescription, the medicine is dispensed without appropriate written instructions and information on how to take the medicines and there is no qualifies pharmacists available in the pharmacy. Poor implementation of pharmacy services jeopardizes the health of the patients and the DDA has taken steps to strengthen good pharmacy practices implementation.
These poor practices are being addressed through a strengthened regulation and inspections by the regulatory authorities but awareness of the patient rights and appropriate practices by the consumers is critically important to improve the and install good pharmacy practices.
It is on this background that the MTaPS Nepal would like to develop Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials for community awareness. The MTaPS will provide the necessary technical expertise to discuss and outline the content of the IEC materials. The
IEC material that is to be proposed by the firm might include but not be limited to posters to be put in the pharmacies, short gingals for radio programs, short audiovisual to be cast through television channels, etc.
MTaPS Nepal is looking to engage a firm with the following expertise for this service.
- Resource person(s) capable of developing IEC materials for consumers/patients related to improved patient safety and appropriate dispensing and use
- At least 3 years of experience in developing and designing and producing health-related IEC materials.
- Prior experience working with USAID implementing partner projects preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing IEC materials
Description of Services to be provided
The firm will propose for designing and developing various materials useful for consumer awareness on the proper pharmacy services, dispensing and use of medicines related to following issues:
- Selling prescription medicine i.e., antibiotics without a prescription
- A pharmacist or pharmacy assistant or Bywasahi is not always present in the pharmacy while dispensing prescription medicine
- Insufficient patient information is provided on how, when why and for how long to take the medicines, adverse drug reactions, drug interactions, and special precautions
- While dispensing the medicine, proper labeling is the major responsibility of the pharmacies. However, labeling of the medicines with patient and pharmacy name, quantity, date, patient instructions often is not done or not done appropriately
- The pharmacy must generate an invoice/bill on the sold medicines to the patient in an individual case that is not been applied on a usual basis.
The firm should describe how they proposed to develop and design the IEC material to address the above-mentioned issues. The material development and services should be costed and linked to a timeline for the development.
Interested companies/firms are requested to respond to the expression of interest along with the following documents
- Expression of interest.
- Technical proposal, which includes objectives and methodologies along with a detailed timeline.
- Copy of firm/company registration certificate (Applicable only for firm/company)
- Company Profile (Applicable only for firm/company)
- Copy of PAN/VAT registration certificate (Applicable only for firm/company)
- Tax Clearance Certificate (Applicable only for firm/company)
- CVs of technical experts
Interested companies/ firms are requested to send application and listed documents to email@example.com before 15 June 2022. Only shortlisted vendors will be notified for further process. MTaPS Nepal reserves the right for selection of vendor(s). For queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before 10 June 2022.