EOI to Conduct Surveys
Equal Access International (EAI) is communication for social change organisation, headquartered in Washington D.C, with country offices and programs in Asia and Africa. EAI creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions to support communities around the world to drive sustainable and transformative change in critical areas including governance, peacebuilding, preventing extremism, youth, and gender.
In Nepal, EAI is leading ‘Change Starts at Home- Organized Diffusion for Intimate Partner Violence Prevention’ (Change project) with an explicit focus on organized diffusion and social networks as a tactic for movement building around social norms change. EAI invites application from qualified Nepali research organizationsto support data collection for the baseline study of the Change Project. The role of the research firm will be to conduct surveys with approximately 2400 individuals in Hupsekot and BinayiTribeni rural municipalities in the Nawalpur district.
Proposed Dates and Duration:
The baseline data collection is expected to take place between July 15 and August 15, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities of Research Firm:
- Hire and supervise qualified, gender and linguistically matched survey enumerators.
- Develop management and supervision structure for the field research team
- Participate in training related to the baseline study organized by EAI
- Develop a plan for ensuring data quality, including ongoing monitoring and site visits
- Administer pilot survey (if required) and baseline survey using the Commcare or other application as relevant.
- Provide routine safety and quality monitoring information to EAI.
- Support EAI and the international research team in data cleaning.
- Adhere to and uphold internationally recognized ethical standards of data collection on violence-related research
- Draft field operations manual in cooperation with EAI
- In conjunction with EAI and its local implementing partner, organize transportation to and from data collection sites, and related lodging needs.
- Proposed management structure, modalities of work, and coordination mechanisms for the data collection.
- Detailed report of hiring decisions and qualifications of all team members
- Proposed plan for ensuring data quality
- Proposed plan for ensuring data security
- Report of the data collection activities
Required qualifications and skills of research firm:
- Highly experienced in data collection and management in Nepal.
- Highly experienced in conducting data collection pertaining to public health and/or development
- Familiarity with ethical aspects of research with vulnerable populations.
- Highly experienced with research quality control and adherence to study protocols.
- Good understanding of Nepal’s development concerns, particularly issues of girls and women (prior experience with issues of gender-based violence against women is a plus)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Nepali and English.
- Demonstrated experience with CommCare or other comparable systems.
Applications including a cover letter, proposal, preliminary budget and copies of legal documents (registration/renewal, PAN/VAT, latest tax clearance certificate) of the firm should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than June 27, 2021.