Consultancy Services for Providing Business Planning Training and Develop Business Plan of RWSMBs
Terms of Reference (ToR)
Consultancy Services for providing business planning training and Develop Business Plan of RWSMBs
Oxfam’s vision for Nepal is a just society without poverty, in which all women and men live a life of dignity, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as active citizens of Nepal. Oxfam country strategy has four clear goals: a) Strengthening women’s leadership; b) Resilient livelihood and financial security c) Increased coping capacity to disaster through localized risk management d) strong governance of water, environment management and climate emergency. Oxfam aims to contribute to reach this goal so that the people we work for gets ultimate benefit of the services that they are entitled to.
Oxfam has been working with the community for a long period of time. We have been working in WASH and Water Governance for the accessibility of safe water to rural communities. Oxfam has constructed more than 200 Water Supply Scheme (WSS) in Hill and constructing two WSS in Sarlahi and Rautahat. For the sustainability of Rural Water Supply Scheme, Oxfam is piloting Alternative Management Model in two rural municipalities of Dhading and two municipalities of Sarlahi and Rautahat. The model has envisioned a municipal level Rural Water Supply Management Board (RWSMB) in each rural/municipalities which will be responsible to manage all the water supply schemes of the respective rural municipality. There will be four municipal level RWSMB in all three districts. The project has a plan to support all 4 RWSMB to develop the business plan to understand the market status, service sales plan, financial plan and expenses plan and develop strategy to operate the RWSMB successfully and sustainably. The representative and staff of RWSMB will be trained on Business plan preparation and mentored to develop their respective business plans and supported on finalizing their business plans. Interested Consulting firms or individual consultants are requested to apply.
The overall objective of this assignment is to build the capacity of representative and staffs of RWSMB on Business plan development and then mentor to finalize their business plan of four RWSMB at Dhading, Rautahat and Sarlahi. The specific objectives are:
- Provide two Business Plan Preparation Training to representative and staff of RWSMB
- Mentorship to RWSMB and project staffs on developing the business plan.
- Support Finalize Business Plan.
- Develop implementation plan and monitoring plan to implement the findings of the B. Plan.
3. Expected deliverables
- Two event of business planning training to representative and staffs of RWSMB will be provided. One training will be conducted in Dhading combining the two RWSMB and one training will be conducted two RWSMB of Sarlahi and Rautahat. The training participants will be able to develop business plan of RWSMB by themselves with the support of expert.
- Business Plan of 4 RWSMB with necessary recommendations and clear action plans along with monitoring plan will be prepared.
- Final assignment completion report including findings and recommendations.
In addition, the final report should contain at least the following annexes:
- Terms of Reference
- List of meetings/discussions attended.
- Details of methodology
- Findings of field visits and trainings.
- Any other relevant material, including data collection tools
4. Scope of tasks will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Desk review and meeting with AMM project team to understand the project objective, outcomes and RWSMB model. Review of other relevant documents like financial analysis report of WSS conducted by Oxfam, relevant documents of other Rural Water Supply Management Board. Oxfam will provide these documents to consultants or consulting forms.
- Detail action plan preparation including timeline.
- Develop Summary of financial analysis report conducted by Oxfam in Nepal and share it to the board representative.
- Develop check list/questionnaire and template of Business plan to share with RWSMB and project staffs.
- Conduct a virtual half day orientation to key person of the RWSMB for the preparation of Business plan and training.
- Coordination with RWSMB and local partners to conduct Business Plan development training programme.
- Provide Technical Training on Business Plan Development (one slot in Dhading and one slot in Rautahat or Sarlahi).
- Provide coaching and mentorship to RWSMB and project staffs to collect necessary information and develop business plan.
- Provide regular guidance, mentorship, and field visit to observe the business plan development work and provide technical support. Also engage in the sampling survey of WSS.
- Support to finalize the draft of the business plans.
- Presentation of the business plan to Oxfam, RWSMB, and local partners and collect feedback.
- Finalize the business plan incorporating the feedback and to be approved by Technical coordinator (AMM)-Oxfam in Nepal.
5. Service Timeline/Duration of assignment
The total duration of the assignment will be 42 days till 17th October 2022.
6. Basic documents required for the submission of application
In the case of consultancy firm.
- Copy of VAT registration certificate.
- Copy of tax clearance certificate of fiscal year 2077/78
- Copy of company/organization registration and renewal documents.
- Detailed contact address including telephone, mobile, address, email etc.
- Contact details (Name, Designation, Email address, Phone no. and Organisation) of at least 2 referees with whom the firm has worked before in similar consultancy assignment.
- CV of lead consultant or consultants
- Organization profile with its experience in related sectors.
- Latest Audited report of fiscal year 2077/78
In case of individual consultant.
- A detail technical proposal with budget.CV of experts/consultant.
- Copy of PAN or VAT registration
- Latest Tax clearance certificate
- Contact details of two reference
7. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested consultant/firm/company of individuals consultant is required to submit an expression of interest through with the following:
1. Cover letter: A short cover letter
2. Technical Proposal shall include:
- Detail Methodology and timeline.
- Profile(s) of the consulting firm(s) along with CV of key personnel(s), two sample copy of business plan of similar nature.
- Understanding of the task to be accomplished
- Consultancy framework or work plan.
3. Financial Proposal: The financial proposal should provide complete cost estimates/ budget detail breakdown for the firm/company.
The consultant will report to Oxfam Technical Coordinator for all issues related to the program and fieldwork and reporting.
9. Evaluation Process and Criteria
The technical proposal will be evaluated first, and only successful consultant will be considered for financial proposal evaluation. The technical proposal will be given 70 marks and financial proposal will be given 30 marks.
Detail Evaluation Criteria
|i||Understanding the ToR||10|
|iii||Experience of Expert on development of business plans of Cooperative and WSS||15||At least two sample copy is required|
|iv||Experience on financial analysis of WSS, Cooperatives, CBOs||10|
|v||Experience on mentorship and guidance to develop business plan to cooperative, WSS, CBOs||10|
|vi||Experience on training facilitation in Business Plan development||15|
10. Estimated Detail Budget breakdown
All amounts in
|Accommodation For Field visit||Days||22||(Claim as per actual with original invoices) Per diem rate will be as per Oxfam policy.|
|Grand Total inclusive of VAT|
The consultant/firms will be paid three instalments – 1st instalment (30%) after signing agreement, developing action plan; 2nd instalment (30%) after providing training to the RWSMB and project staffs, Final instalment (40%) after Submitting final business plan and reports.
The consultant shall be fully responsibility for all taxes imposed by Government of Nepal.
12. Confidentiality / Non-disclosure
All material issued in connection with this ToR shall remain the property of Oxfam in Nepal. All information provided shall be either returned to Oxfam in Nepal by unsuccessful applicants at the conclusion of the procurement exercise.
During the performance of the assignment or at any time after expiry or termination of the Agreement, the service provider shall not disclose to any person or otherwise make use of any confidential information which s/he has obtained or may in the course of this agreement relating to Oxfam in Nepal, the respondents or otherwise.
The service provider will be required to sign a non-disclosure/confidentiality agreement as part of their undertaking of this work.
The local government may continue to use the service for future as per their need if the system delivers efficiency required for the local government.
- The Consulting VAT Registered Firm should submit the technical and financial proposal to Oxfam by 10 July 2022 before 5 pm via mail to email@example.com, clearly mentioning the title of assignment in the email subject line “Business Planning Training and develop business plan” and not exceeding 15 MB