Consultancy Call for Manual Development: RHRN advocacy Academy
The Right Here Right Now (RHRN) program aims to improve the protection, respect and fulfilment of the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of young people. The program is implemented in 10 low- and middle-income countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America, and in the Caribbean sub-region. The activities focus on: freedom from stigma, discrimination and violence; access to comprehensive youth-friendly services; access to comprehensive information; and space for young people’s voices. At the global level, the program is a strategic partnership between Rutgers, the Asian-Pacific Resource and Research Centre for Women (ARROW), CHOICE for Youth and Sexuality (CHOICE), Dance4life, HIVOS, International Planned Parenthood Federation African Region (IPPF AR), the Latin American and Caribbean Women’s Health Network (LACWHN) and the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
RHRN Nepal platform is a unique partnership model among 3 diverse civil society organizations that is committed to joint national and sub-national including regional and global advocacy on issues around access and quality Comprehensive Sexuality Education and young people’s SRHR in general.
YUWA serves as the platform host for this strategic partnership, which is a youth-led and youth-run organization. The platform secretariat is responsible for sub-granting and all the administrative and financial management of the overall project.
Overview of the work
RHRN as an platform works on young people’s SRHR with 4 pathways:
- SRHR information and Education
- Public Support
- Policy Advocacy
- Strengthening Civil Society and Movement Building
One key intervention recognized by YUWA and RHRN platform in local and grassroot level advocacy and community engagement, this need has translated into RHR advocacy academy where young people will be capacitated to lead advocacy efforts at local level (ward, municipality or provincial)
RHRN advocacy academy manual will serve as a guidebook for YUWA and RHRN platform organizations to hire, engage, train the young people at grass root level programs/community mobilization, campaigning and policy advocacy.
YUWA is seeking a consultant or a team of consultant to develop the RHRN advocacy academy manual in coordination with RHRN focal person. The manual should include but not limited to:
- Training package on Grass root level programs/ Community mobilization, local level advocacy strategy formulation, CSE and campaigning strategy
- Training package on relevant topics (as refresher trainings/ capacity strengthening on SRHR) to advocacy academy members. (Some will be provided to the consultant for adaptation, consultant is free to propose the list of topics as well)
- Hiring, engagement and Monitoring and evaluation framework/strategy for RHRN advocacy academy participants
- Digital Safety guidelines
- Safe guarding Children and Young people policy within RHRN advocacy academy
- Annex section with samples of everything they might need for Grass root level programs/ Community mobilization, local level advocacy strategy formulation and campaigning strategy. For example: Request letter format, Concept note, proposal sample, reporting format, etc.
- Stakeholder mapping for academy participants engagements/ point of entry
- Adaptation of the Journey4life curriculum (this will be facilitated by YUWA)
The applicant is free to add any other relevant topic/ area they feel in necessary for this program/manual in their proposal. Such additions are highly welcomed and such applicants will be prioritized for the consultancy.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, social science, public policy or any other relevant field of study
- 5+ years’ experience with program design, training, project management, community mobilization and policy advocacy in SRHR field
- Well equipped with the functions of local governance system
- Experience in working with and young people in SRHR sector
- Experience in developing youth friendly training manuals/toolkits
Interested individual/firm must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm, 5th April 2022.
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter)
- CV/Resume of consultant/team
- Technical proposal including the above mentioned details
- Sample of one or two previous consultancy of similar nature
- VAT registration and tax clearance documents (if applying through a organization/institution)
- Financial Proposal