Call for Proposal Development Experts
DanChurchAid (DCA) is inviting qualified candidates to join a diverse roster of subject/technical and proposal development experts, from which DCA team can request services. DCA is seeking expertise in the following areas:
- Climate change (adaptation and mitigation)
- Market system strengthening
- Value chain
- Disaster preparedness and response
- Clean energy
- Environmental protection
- Human rights defender
- Gender and sexual based violence (research, response, and prevention)
- Green enterprise development
- Agroecology and climate resilient agriculture
- Urban resilience
- Good governance
- Donor specific expertise: USAID, FCDO, EU, Foundation.
As a subject/technical and proposal development expert, you will be responsible for coordinating, preparing, and submitting high quality proposals (and supporting documents) in adherence with donor guidelines and timeline as well as DCA’s internal processes and policies. You may also be called upon to critically review and provide technical input on the concepts/proposals prepared by the DCA internal team. Successful candidates will be included in the roster and contacted on a case-by-case basis if their skill sets match the work opportunities.
About DCA Nepal Programme:
DCA is a Danish organisation that has been supporting development work in Nepal since the 1980s. DCA works to improve the life and livelihoods of the most marginalised communities through a rights-based approach. Our focus areas are: Inclusive Citizenship for Accountable Governance; Resilient Livelihoods and Sustainable Food Security; Humanitarian Response and Disaster Risk Reduction
DCA’s new Country Programme Document (2022-2026) envisions to diversify and expands its funding portfolio to address the programmatic and cross-cutting needs identified in it. It seeks to transition from an organisation dependent on core funding from DANIDA to one that successfully competes for funding from a range of institutional donors.
To this end, DCA invites candidates with the following qualifications:
- A proven track record of developing proposals for key institutional donors such as the European Union (EU), FCDO, US Government, SDC, foundations, and multilateral donors.
- Demonstrated experience in proposal design including leading consultation workshops, coordinating with different units and partners, writing, and preparing budget.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of donors’ priorities and policies in Nepal
- Technical expertise in relevant areas of DCA as guided by the new Country Programme Document (2022-2026)- Disaster preparedness and Disaster Risk Reduction; Urban Resilience; Climate Resilient Agriculture; Agroecology; Green Enterprise Development; Protection of Human Rights Defender and Environmental Defenders; Good Governance; Gender Based Violence.
- Lead consultation meetings with partners, stakeholders and facilitate design workshops including problem analysis, strategy development, and validation workshops
- Provide ideas and lead the brainstorming sessions during the proposal development
- Write drafts and coordinate for inputs on proposal
- Support with cost proposal
- Ensure compliance of the proposal to donor standards, priorities, and requirements
- Serve as second reader and provide technical inputs on drafts produced by the DCA team
- Provide expert services while reviewing the proposal
- Provide guidance on donor-specific requirements
Interested candidates should send their updated CV to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 November 2021. The candidates shall indicate the areas of interest. Only the selected candidates will be included in the roster and will be contacted when the services are required. The inclusion of candidate in the roster does not constitute a commitment to employment or any other form of contractual commitment with the Contracting Authority.Save to favoriteRefer to a friendSave to favorite