Call for Consultancy Service from Individuals /Firms
Support Nepal (SNP) is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation working strategically to address the injustice and inequality being faced by poor and marginalised groups since 1996. Development of training, networking, models of effective development practice, research and influencing policy have been the focus of its work. SNP currently focuses on providing support to communities and to develop processes that promote the inclusion of poor and marginalised groups in local decision-making.
This call for consultancy service is to hire the service of an individual consultant/s or consulting firm/s to conduct a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Assessment of the two municipalities in Madhesh Province. The main purpose of the assessment is to help the project to identify local power players, representation of different social groups in decision-making, and how to make local power processes, structures, decisions, and result more inclusive in a non-violent and systemic manner.
Scope of work:
- Propose the work plan and methodology for the assessment;
- Orient the field-based researchers/ assistants about methodology and work plan and provide regular guidance and backstopping as required (if any);
- Draft report, seek input/comments from SNPand incorporate into final report; and
- Prepare and submit the final assessment report.
- Submission of a work plan and methodology- by 12 August 2022;
- Orientation to the field base researchers/ assistants on work plan and methodology (if any) – by 19 August 2022;
- Draft report- by 15 September 2022;
- Final report – by 28 September 2022;
Required qualifications and experiences:
Applicants with the following minimum qualification will be preferred:
- Has conducted at least three political economic analysis, political and contextual analysis, and/or action research on minority rights, GESI, peace and governance or related issues in Madhesh Province;
- Exception understanding of the political economy of the inclusion/exclusion issues in governance processes in the country, in particular the Madhesh Province;
- Has designed and delivered multi-stakeholder consultation and review of the governance issues including local governance, GESI, and service delivery.
- For the individual, should have at least a masters’ degree in Social Science / Humanity, Public Policy, or Management from any recognized university.
- For the consulting firm, should have at least successfully completed two assignments, five for the individual consultant, on GESI related issues.
Duration of Assignment:
Start date from the second week of August to the end of September 2022.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are suggested to request TOR and apply before 31 July 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org with EOI GESI Assessment in the subject. Any query in relation to the call should be directed through the given email. Only shortlisted candidates/firms will be contacted for further process. Support Nepal reserves all the rights to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.