Bahadur Social Project
Bahadur Social Project is a non-profit association, made up of dreamers who believe that a better life is possible. We believe that joining forces we can make a qualitative leap in education, end inequalities that are caused by caste, origin, culture, religion, sex or whatever our ideology is. After living in a rural area of Nepal, we have identified a…
1. Project Coordinator based in the field
No.of Vacancy: 1
Bahadur Social Project (BSP), a spanish non-profit, is looking for a committed Project Coordinator, and 2 (two) committed Field Assistants (FA), based in the field (in Gandaki Gaunpalika, Gorkha), to implement project activities, working in a Chepang community.
Bahadur Social Project aims to promote a sustainable development in rural and remote areas through education: working with primary government schools (in an education program) and local communities (in a development and sensitization program).
The figure of the PC will be of importance, coordinating a team of two (2) Field Assistants, assessing main needs, and making sure that all the activities are correctly implemented.
The PC should be open to live under minimum conditions, based in the BSP office in the field.
Main objectives: build relations with major stakeholders (school staff, families and government —through weekly/monthly calls) and coordinate activities in the field.
1. Rapport Building with local stakeholders.
2. Organize meetings with focal people and groups:
3. Assessing teachers and school needs in the field.
4. Assessing communities needs in the field.
5. Coordination and implementation of activities and programs in the field.
6. M&E and report writing:
7. Basic accountancy:
8. Coordination team in the field:
9. Proactivity will be a plus: the organization will encourage the PC to assess any need and write new programs to implement.
What we can offer as an employer: We are offering an outstanding opportunity to become a leader, bringing a change to the most vulnerable through a development organization with a young team and a growing profile. Transportation, communication and food will be provided by the organization.
2. Field Assistant based in the field
No. of Vacancy: 2
The figure of the FA will be of importance, connecting the project with the main stakeholders, and implementing activities in the field.
Main Objectives: implementation of programs and build relations with students.
1. Implementation of Tuition Classes (teaching mainly English and Math. The F.A. will also plan the program and activities in a quarterly basis)
2. Implementation of ECAs:
3. Women Empowerment Group (under supervision of FC):
4. Youth Club (under supervision of FC):
5. Gathering and meeting class captains in a weekly basis
6. Support Field Coordinator in surveys & HH visits.
7. Fill the BMI and monthly update.
8. Fill surveys in the excel template.
9. Supporting school in basic needs:
Open program: will be given a certain budget to assess, prepare and implement a personal program in the field (with the guidance and support of the Field Coordinator).
What we can offer as an employer: We are offering an outstanding opportunity to become a leader, bringing a change to the most vulnerable through a development organization with a young team and a growing profile.
Transportation, communication and food will be provided by the organization, as well as a certificate and recommendation letter at the end of the tenure.