Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invests over 40 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programs in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian crises.
The Sr. Program Coordinator will be fully responsible to support Senior Program Manager and the provincial team to efficiently manage HIV, Tuberculosis and Malaria program in the province. S/he will provide technical assistance to sub-recipients (SRs) and the Government run Service Delivery Points (SDPs) for HIV, TB and Malaria program so that the planned programs are timely executed, reports are collected, complied and sent to the relevant agencies. S/he will liaise and coordinate with the provincial/district level stakeholders for effective HIV, TB and Malaria program implementation in the province.
The position holder requires to make frequent field visits in the province to ensure that the field-based staff have adequate technical and programmatic knowledge/skills to meet and maintain program quality at all level.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provide support to SRs/SDPs in program planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring and supervision of HIV, TB and Malaria program in the province
- Support Project Manager for timely completion of all HIV, TB and Malaria related activities with quality results in the province
- Ensure the project funds are timely disbursed to the SRs and SDPs accordance with the project document and project work plans/budget
- Ensure all supplies are received in time, delivered to all SRs/SDPs as per the need and ‘No stock out’ is reported from all sites in the province
- Support SRs and SDPs for preparation and submission of timely and quality programmatic reports of HIV, TB and Malaria program from all SRs and SDPs to Save the Children, NCASC, NTCC, EDCD and HMIS as per the standard reporting templates
- Review all periodic programmatic reports submitted by relevant SRs and SDPs and provide feedbacks if required before submitting it to Save the Children/NCASC/NTCC/EDCD
- Provide regular programmatic update to Project Manager Save the Children and other related focal persons
- Identify, prepare and disseminate the best practices and approaches to Centre
- Support program unit of NCASC, NTCC and EDCD for implementation of and timely reporting of Global Fund supported HIV, TB and Malaria program in the province
- Assist in organizing provincial/district level HIV, TB and Malaria program review meetings, technical discussion forums, trainings/workshops
- Engage meaningfully with service recipients to ensure timely and quality access to services under the Global Fund grant
- Maintain excellent relations with Global Fund supported government entities, SDPs and SRs – engage strategically with average to underperforming sites to produce deliverables on time
- Conduct frequent monitoring field visits (including joint monitoring) to ensure timely and quality implementation of projects as per the approved work plans
- Monitor the grant absorption rate, monthly tracking and review of expenditures of HIV, TB and Malaria program in province to report to Project Manager
- Monitor and analyse performances of SRs / SDPs regularly and ensure timely technical, managerial and financial backstopping across all disease components
- Provide on-site coaching/mentoring to relevant SRs/SDPs on various aspects of HIV, TB and Malaria program as per the need
- Support the management team to plan, design, implement and monitor the quality of training/ workshop at PR and SR level.
- Plan, design and conduct capacity assessment of implementing partners/SRs and create a plan to address key issues. Also advice/assist team to plan, design, and conduct programmatic audit of implementing partners/SRs, create and translate a plan to address key issues.
- Guide in ensuring preparation of appropriate training and documentation system
- Enhance capacity of implementing NGOs/SRs to effectively monitor and evaluate their assigned activities by using developed tools and database
- Develop strong coordination and linkages with Provincial Health Directorate, SRs and Government run SDPs for HIV, TB and Malaria program
- Ensure efficient and effective coordination, capacity building and documentation support for the key national events related to HIV, TB and Malaria
- Participate in SRs and other provincial level meetings
How to Apply
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.