Vacancy Notice No:VN#NP/03/21
Position Title: Senior Migration Health Data Assistant
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Classification: General Service Staff, G-6
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: July 22 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.|
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the data management of MHD FLOD and MHAC in Kathmandu.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Act as MIMOSA and MIMOSA FLOD administrator, providing Power-Bi and daily reports on the MHA process, daily weekly and monthly reports and USRAP follow up.
- Organize the work and assignments of the Migration Health Data Assistant, MHD Data processing and execute various duties as well as actively participate in the Senior Migration Health Staff meeting providing accurate reports and data related inputs.
- Participate in the development of and keep up to date MHAC’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Supervise and train Migration Health Data Assistant in compliance to the MHD Migration Health Processing Assistant SOPs.
- Assist in analysis of various tools pertaining to migrant flow and satisfaction in MHAC – including active monitoring of scheduling trends.
- Prepare medical forms, laboratory labels, serology code books, chest x-ray labels and daily scheduling of MHD health assessments.
- Updating MHD information on the country MHD Website.
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly, monthly, periodic and yearly reports for all programs of MHD Nepal using Microsoft BI Power or other reporting tools.
- Perform regular QC and QA of the entered data in the data platforms.
- Prepare correspondence to respond to queries in respect to relevant matters of the MHAC. File incoming/outgoing letters, reports, memoranda, emails faxes as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM medical issues.
- Assist in preparing purchase request forms for procurement of equipment and working materials for MHD.
- Data management follow-up including the creation of queries to retrieve information from the database and responding to various follow-up needs.
- Provide Database/data processing support to IOM Nepal Mission if needed.
- Suggest improvements to strengthen internal control mechanisms; provide inputs for new procedures to complement and/or adapt existing instructions to achieve streamlining efficiencies.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Program Management or Administration from an accredited Institution with 4 years of relevant work experience, or
- Diploma in relevant subject with at least 6 years in professional work experience.
- Experience in managing large dynamic teams, IT or administrative background.
- Certificate in IT/Data entry is an advantage.
- Experience in reporting, use of SQL or Access, presentation tools.
- High computer literacy in Windows and MS Office is mandatory, knowledge of web page design would be an asset.
- In-depth use of MS office applications, data collection and manipulation.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, as well as previous secretarial and archival experience, an added advantage.
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage.
Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to Apply
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 July 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.