WaterAid is an international non-governmental organisation, focused on water, sanitation and hygiene. It was set up in 1981 as a response to the UN International Drinking Water decade (1981–1990). It operates in 34 countries as of 2018 The organization was first established by the UK water industry on 21 July 1981 as a charitable trust at their main office premises…
Passionate about research and learning in international development? Help WaterAid to catalyse a step-change in water, sanitation and hygiene services?
Join WaterAid as Research and Learning Manager (Maternity Cover) to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. Joining just as we launch a new and ambitious global strategy, you’ll also be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
This role is part of our Programme Support Unit, a diverse, motivated, and fun group of 27 technical specialists, advisors and managers, passionate about bringing sustainable WASH services to people who are the world’s poorest and most marginalised.
The Research and Learning Manager (Maternity cover) will lead the Research and Learning team and drive forward WaterAid’s research and knowledge management agenda, which includes identifying research priorities, building research capacity and ensuring effective programmatic learning and knowledge sharing. As our Research and Learning Manager, you will provide leadership, advice and capacity development on research and knowledge management across the International Programme Department (IPD). Leading a team of knowledge management and digital learning specialists, you will guide IPD’s approach to learning and knowledge management. This includes the coordination of core programmatic framing documents up-to-date as well as maintaining and promoting a central knowledge SharePoint site.
This is a full time, fixed -term position
In this role, you will be responsible for:
1. Guide the development of IPD’s research agenda and improve research processes
2. Provide technical input to key research projects and manage research projects directly managed by PSU
3. Lead the coordination to develop the core programmatic foundation documents
4. Guide and promote IPD’s Knowledge Management
5. Support and coordinate IPD’s capacity strengthening initiatives
6. Lead the Research and Learning team and contribute to team processes
To be successful, you’ll need:
Salary: This role is Grade G in Country Programmes and a Grade 2 in the UK. Salary and benefits will be in line with WaterAid country’s salary scale.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
To see the full job description, please click ‘Apply‘. Please apply:
* Submitting your CV and a Cover Letter in a single document in either Word Document or PDF format.
* Please indicate your location and the right to work eligibility in your Cover letter.
Applications will close at 23:59 UK time on 13/03/2022. Availability for interview is required the week commencing 28/03/2022.