British Red Cross
The British Red Cross (BRC) Asia team works bilaterally, multilaterally and in consortia with National Society (NS) Partners in Myanmar, Bangladesh, Nepal, the People’s Democratic Republic of Korea (DPRK), Afghanistan and Pakistan. Two country offices (Bangladesh and Nepal) and an office within IFRC Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) in Malaysia are in place. The vision of the BRC Asia Team…
Role Title: Regional PMEAL and CEA Adviser
(Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning and Community Engagement and Accountability)
Location: Bangladesh OR Nepal OR Malaysia
Purpose of the Role
The British Red Cross (BRC) Asia team works bilaterally, multilaterally and in consortia with National Society (NS) Partners in Myanmar, Bangladesh, Nepal, the People’s Democratic Republic of Korea (DPRK), Afghanistan and Pakistan. Two country offices (Bangladesh and Nepal) and an office within IFRC Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) in Malaysia are in place. The vision of the BRC Asia Team is the ’By 2030 IFRC Asia Pacific Regional Office, National Societies and vulnerable communities have the required local and regional competencies and capacities to effectively and efficiently prepare for and respond to disasters’.
The position will sit within the Asia regional team and will be aligned to the Performance & Accountability team in the UK, under matrix management. The overarching purpose of the Performance & Accountability Department is to lead, manage, facilitate and enable others to systematically and sustainably improve the quality, effectiveness and accountability of their work. The overall purpose of the role is to support and facilitate quality programming and stronger National Societies in the Asia region.
The PMEAL and CEA Adviser will work with selected National Societies in countries in the Asia region (including during emergency response), which receive BRC support in order to engender good practice in PMEAL and Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA). In some countries, this might be ad hoc support, whilst in others it might be capacity building in NS staff. The Adviser will support and advise BRC regional/country staff and NS staff to improve quality and accountability of programmes, in order to have greater impact on the lives of disaster-affected people/
Emergency Response and Programme Quality including Minimum Standards
Support National Societies and BRC in PMEAL/CEA
Support to the International/Corporate Strategy including Learning
Builds relationships within RC/RC Movement and other organisations in the region to influence others and incorporate and apply lessons and good/best practice from outside BRC into organisational learning
· Good knowledge of PMEAL within the international humanitarian system or international development context. Significant, hands-on and up-to-date understanding of monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment.
· Proven PMEAL technical and advisory expertise in international, cross-cultural contexts. Experience of providing PMEAL advice and support within a project/programme. Good knowledge and experience of community engagement and accountability. Ability to advise on participatory approaches.
· Ability to analyse both quantitative and qualitative data and interpret information to communicate to and persuade decision makers/different audiences, both written and verbal.
· Experience of establishing effective relationships to influence and enable decision making.
· Practical field experience of designing and establishing community engagement and accountability systems. Experience designing and rolling out programme level PMEAL systems. Experience leading/commissioning/supporting evaluations and learning reviews
· Experience of working with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
· Good project management skills
· Interest in protection, gender and inclusion, and PSEA issues
· Understanding of the Core Humanitarian Standard, particularly in the context of working in partnerships
This position is open to Bangladeshi, Nepalese, and Malaysian nationals only.
Please send a soft copy of your CV and Cover Letter to International_Recruitment@redcross.org.uk
The closing date for applications is 28th November.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.