Job Advertisement: Regional Evidence and Research Lead, Asia-Pacific
Plan International is an international humanitarian, child-centered development organization, advancing children’s rights and equality for girls.
Position: Regional Evidence and Research Lead, Asia-Pacific
Assignment duration: 1 Year Fixed- Term Contract with possibility of extension
Duty station: Bangkok/Asia-Pacific
JOB BACKGROUND: Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children, especially girls, for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, including 15 in Asia-Pacific.
The Regional Evidence and Research Lead is tasked with supporting regional and country programs on strategic evaluation, research and learning needs, contributing to a vibrant regional monitoring, evaluation and research network, supporting global and regional program quality and influencing initiatives and being an internal and external thought leader on girls’ rights research and data at the regional level.
S/he will manage two M&E specialists dedicated to rolling out a new Plan International M&E system in the Asia-Pacific region in a matrix management relationship with the global project team as well as one evidence and research officer who supports across the portfolio. S/he will also manage teams of consultants from time to time.
The position is part of the regional influencing and program team, a specialized team made up of select thematic and cross-thematic technical advisors as well as a communications and campaigns team. The team works together to support country offices in accordance with Plan’s global and regional priorities and to deliver the regional influencing road map directly and with partners.**
Core role and responsibilities:
- Develop and lead the implementation of the regional research agenda, identify research priorities and produce high quality research reports and policy recommendations to ensure Plan International is viewed by peers and policymakers as a leading organization for girls’ rights in Asia-Pacific
- Lead the development of the annual Asia-Pacific Girls Report and periodic updates to the Asia Girls Leadership Index and the Pacific Girls Leadership Index
- Develop collaborative partnerships with regional think tanks and research and academic institutions to increase Plan International visibility at regional level
- Ensure Plan International regional program teams and country offices are familiar with and able to execute research in alignment with the Plan International’s Research Standards and ethical approval requirements; ensure that any regional research published for external audiences has gone through the additional relevant approval and sign-off procedures
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER)
- Provide technical support and advice to regional office counterpars and country offices in the Asia-Pacific region to ensure that high quality information and evidence generated through advocacy, media and campaigns work are systematically recorded and reported
- Provide technical support to the regional DRM team and country offices in the Asia-Pacific region during the annual reporting period
- Provide technical advice to the program teams, technical thematic leads and country offices on the design, development, implementation and adaptation of MER components in regional projects including theory of change; log frames; M&E plan; data collection; surveys (qualitative and quantitative); baseline assessments; periodic evaluations, etc.
- Collaborate with the Global Hub MER team to contribute to the development and adaptation of MER policies, standards, tools and guidance as needed
- Collaborate with the regional gender-transformative program and policy unit to increase the organization’s capabilities to monitor and evaluate gender-transformative work and invest in APAC flagship project documentation
- Lead the monitoring and accountability pieces of the regional transformation strategy
- Lead the implementation and modification of the regional monitoring, evaluation and reporting framework of Plan International’s programs and initiatives to eliminate child, early and forced marriage in Asia
- Ensure high-quality support to APAC country offices around the roll-out of the new organization-wide M&E system (PMERL) and ensure effective matrix management with the Global Hub MER unit.
Influencing and Program Evidence Generation and Organizational Learning
- In close coordination with country offices, and the other regional technical experts, support the identification and documentation of regional flagship initiatives (scalable programs and approaches to which we will invest additional research, evaluation and knowledge management resources).
- Support country offices in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of country influencing strategies.
- Lead periodic internal evaluations of regional and national programmatic and influencing initiatives
- Work with country offices to ensure findings and evidence from evaluations and research projects are utilized and translated into programmatic and influencing work, policy briefs, project proposals, etc.
- Strengthen knowledge management processes across Plan International Asia-Pacific Hub to ensure improved access to information and consistent sharing of knowledge and to promote a culture of learning and use of evidence in decision making
- Line manage three positions.
- Comply with corporate policies and standards: Child Protection Policy, IT Policy, Anti-Fraud and Corruption Policy, Confidentiality Policy, Code of Conduct, Whistle Blowing, HR Policies and Procedures. **
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a motivational letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees via E-mail only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 31 July 2021
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Protection Policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.