Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for equality for girls and realization of all children’s rights. We are independent of governments and have no political or religious affiliation.
Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building dynamic partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International’s ambition for its policy and advocacy work is to drive changes in policies, behaviours and practices at international, regional, national and local levels, so as to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International’s Global Strategy aims to transform the lives of 100 million girls and implement a programme and influence approach to achieve it. Advocacy and influencing will play a key role in delivering results at scale.
Plan International works around the world to prevent, reduce and eliminate CEFM. In the AsiaPacific region, work on CEFM is led by Asia- Pacific Regional Hub (Plan International APAC), in partnership with Country Offices (COs) across the region. Plan International APAC’s work on CEFM is rooted in a regional initiative Time to Act!. The initiative builds on more than a decade of previous CEFM focused interventions and places a strong emphasis on influencing and youthled activism, while maintaining a firm commitment to evidence-based interventions, partnerships, and addressing root causes by tackling harmful gender stereotypes and cultural norms.
The Regional CEFM Coordinator extends administrative and other types of support to contribute to smooth functioning of the Time to Act! platform and its members
Dimensions of the role:
The Regional CEFM Coordinator works closely with the Regional Head of Child Protection and Partnerships. The role implies the following dimensions:
- Extending overall administrative and operational support to the Regional Time to Act! initiative on ending CEFM in Asia-Pacific;
- Contributing to effective networking under the Time to Act! regional platform;
- Coordinating and communicating with the Country Offices CEFM Focal Points as needed;
- Organizing, maintaining and updating overall CEFM documentation and knowledge management frameworks;
- Contributing to quarterly and annual reporting processes
- Liaising with other members of the Regional Programming and Influencing Team on CEFM related issues, including Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting;
- Supporting communications with Plan International National Organizations and preparing related documentation;
- Mapping out CEFM specific funding opportunities;
- Supporting external CEFM related influencing and inter-agency CEFM focused networking.
The post holder has no direct reports and does not holds any budget responsibility.
- Coordinating with Administrative and Finance Departments to ensure timely and effective implementation of the internal procurements and external hiring procedures in line with Plan International policies and procedures
- Supporting administrative aspects of the ongoing regional research on CEFM, including liaising with the Admin Department and external consultants engaged
- Play a supporting role by helping to connect and support Plan International Country Offices in Asia-Pacific as part of the regional platform Time to Act! to scale up efforts to end Child, Early, and Forced Marriage
- Contributing to effective networking by organizing and supporting periodic regional calls, meetings and webinars of the Time to Act! initiative and preparing related outcome documents
- Collecting, storing and updating all relevant information and documentation contributing to the Time to Act! knowledge management and learning, including coordination of thematic mapping, data collection, analysis and collation of external and regional CEFM related trends and updates
- Preparing periodic briefings and newsletters to assist relevant information dissemination
- Preparing, collating and updating data for periodic reporting and contributing to the quarterly and annual reports drafting
- Liaising with other members of the Regional Programme and Influencing Team on issues concerning MER, Communications, Influencing and internal inter-sectoral collaboration around CEFM related issues;
- Supporting preparation and execution of internal and external regional and global launch events and campaigns to promote the Time to Act! Platforms and its activities and products
- Providing logistical and administrative support to collective communications involving Plan International National Organizations and related regional platform, by scheduling the meetings, taking minutes and preparing the meeting proceedings
- Screening and mapping out funding opportunities to strengthen and increase regional CEFM portfolio;
- Extending administrative and logistical support to action-oriented dialogues with the regional bodies ASEAN and SAARC
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
How to Apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a motivational letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees via E-mail only to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 6 June 2021
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Protection Policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.