Vacancy Notice No: VN#NP/08/21
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Receptionist
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 3
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term ,6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: December 09, 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Resources Management Officer and direct supervision of the National Procurement Logistics & Government Liaison Officer, the incumbent will be responsible to provide support services to Procurement and Logistics Unit. The incumbent’s responsibilities will include the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Answer and screen all incoming calls with tact and discretion; assess correspondence prior to referring to appropriate units/staff members in a professional and timely manner.
- Liaise between the IOM main office in Kathmandu, IOM sub-office and to other field visits with regard to dispatch and other routine logistical arrangements such as transportation of office documents and goods.
- Facilitate conference rooms booking, setting up and organizing meetings and settle petty cash payments.
- Record and monitor overall consumption of office utilities, prepare Purchase Requisitions (PR) and Requests for Payment (RFP) to the needs, and allocate cost payments.
- Maintain updated distribution lists of staff contacts, in addition to the telephone/address list of internal and external contacts and the Yellow Pages of the mission.
- Manage incoming/outgoing mail, deliveries, fax transmittals; in close coordination with messengers, disseminate to appropriate units/staff members. Dispatch courier packages, ensuring proper cost allocation, recording, and timely payments.
- Assist on collection and distribution of goods, documents, pouch, to be sent and received based on the requirement of Mission’s activities; maintain records/files accordingly.
- Attend to office visitors, directing them to appropriate units/staff members.
- Assist OPS Senior Assistant with in-country flight bookings and travel.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited Institute with at least one year of relevant work experience, or
- Completed High School degree with at least three years in relevant work experience
- Experience to manage a multi-lined telephone system.
- Previous working experience in an international organization and familiarity with the IOM/UN common system or similar systems is an advantage.
- Airlines and ticketing experience will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to email@example.com by 09 December 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.