Women’s Rehabilitation Centre (WOREC) is a national level NGO working for women’s human rights and to ensure women empowerment through protection and promotion of human rights and social justice focusing on campaigns against violence against women, and women’s economic, social and cultural rights nation-wide. Our working districts with offices are spread over Morang, Sunsari, Udayapur, Siraha, Dhanusha, Dang, Kailali, Mahottari, Sarlahi, Rukum and the Central Office is located in Lalitpur. WOREC is currently looking for candidates to fulfill the following positions:
Designation: Provincial Program Coordinator – Province 1
Reports to: Senior Program Coordinator
Supervisory Responsibility: All Program Districts of Province 1
The Provincial Program Coordinator (PPC) reports directly to the Senior Program Coordinator (SPC) and works in close coordination with Senior Program Coordinator and reports to Executive Director (only when needed), Program Manager & Finance Manager (only when needed). The PPC takes lead role and works in close coordination with the Campaign Coordinators, Program Officers and other staffs in achieving the goal and objectives of WOREC. She/He is mainly responsible for organizational development and management, program development, implementation and quality management, documentation, stakeholder communications and coordination with local stakeholders of program districts of Province-1. She/he oversees the district programs under both the campaigns (VAW and ESCR) in integrated approach including health service, planning, implementation, monitoring and tracking all projects that have specified deliverables.
Duties and Responsibilities
Organizational Development and Management
- Work in close coordination with Senior Program Coordinator, Executive Director and provide support to Sr/management team and staff to establish and improve systems for human resource development and management, administration and finance management and maintain the good practices that have already been established and practiced in district.
- Provide support and ensure effective implementation and institutionalization of the policies, rules and regulations of organization. Also take lead role in developing new policies as required, and updating existing policy and strategy, when need.
- Manage staff, consultants, and volunteers according to the established policies, regulations and practices of the organization and provide managerial support and mentoring to them for performing assigned responsibilities effectively and keeping district staff motivated.
- Develop a plan and facilitate staff team members to build their capacity, including stakeholders, partners and CBO members and carryout participatory performance assessment for assigned roles and responsibilities of staff.
- Provide support to central team including admin and HR personnel and ensure for managing information system, managing and maintaining office, and provide orientation/induction and guidance to staffs.
- Provide support and guidance for financial management and ensure project funds are managed as per accounting policies and procedures, financial records of the projects are up to date, financial, bills and vouchers are verified regularly, and the status of cash flow projection and actual reporting are made and provided feedbacks to management team at least quarterly basis, and reports and supporting documents for funders are maintained as per agreements, and other financial requirements maintained properly.
Program and Project Management (Development, planning and implementation)
In coordination with SPC, oversee the program development, planning, implementation of campaigns/program and all specific and short-term projects that have specified deliverables in Morang.
- Work in team to identify, develop and submit campaign and project proposals and concepts to potential donors/funding agencies and partners on regular and call basis in line with WOREC’s goal and mission objectives.
- In consultations with ED, senior management team and field staff define the scope of the program/projects and provide support and guidance to Program Officers and other staff to develop programs/project and activities.
- Take lead and coordinate for planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the projects implemented in districts and in addition and specifically in Morang district. You will be responsible to coordinate with districts offices especially program districts viz. Morang, Sunsari, Udayapur to plan, implement and monitor status of the projects i.e. overall project monitoring and provide technical feedbacks to the staffs. Similarly, take lead and provide support to develop annual and periodic plan and reports based on past experience/learning and innovations and WOREC’s strategic plan using the standardized form that clearly define objective, activities, indicators, expected results, time frame, budget etc.
- Develop project operating guideline, training guideline/manuals and assist center and field staff for effective implementation of program/project.
- Develop team of trainers and provide human resource to training Centre at Udayapur.
- Execute program/project activities smoothly, with quality and on time by creating a detailed work plan program/project/activities, using and mobilizing the capabilities of the staff, making sure for proper delegation of authority, responsibility and assistance to other supervisory staffs, and ensuring the project deliverables on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Have strong coordination with district and local government agencies to strengthen relationship and lobby and advocacy to push our agenda into their action plans.
- Be in regular communication and share project progress with SPC and central staff including management team
Program Quality and Management (field support, monitoring, reporting and evaluation
Oversee the program/project monitoring, evaluation and tracking all specific and short-term projects that have specified deliverables.
- With support of staff, establish organizational monitoring and evaluation system; provide support to develop, orient and apply different monitoring forms/formats and tools for program/project monitoring.
- Monitor the progress and ensure the quality by tracking program implementation and reporting on timely basis and making necessary adjustments to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Make field plans and carry out supervision and monitoring visits and provide technical inputs and required support to staff for successful completion of program/projects.
- Carry out periodic review of the program/project plan and implementation with program team, provide technical input and conceptual guidance, incorporate learning and make adjustments accordingly.
- Organize and conduct systemic meetings, review the quality of the work with the team/staff on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the standard.
- Review, prepare and submit periodic and final reports of high quality on time to central office.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
Communication, Coordination and Documentation
- Establish and maintain effective program communication with staff, and concerns from field to central level.
- Maintain communication with and reporting to the SPC and Executive Director that require(s) policy decision for program, administration and financial management and take responsibility to implement them.
- Strengthen and maintain relationship with various local governments, non-government organizations and various networks that work promoting human rights and social justice.
- In coordination with local government agencies, I/NGOs and civil society organizations and make organizational representation to and participate in various alliances, networks, forums and meetings and trainings.
- Facilitate for and maintain proper documentation of cases, success stories, initiatives/works of the organization, including periodic and annual reports and year book; and also ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Do self-performance appraisal once in a year and also make sure that the staffs who have been working under direct supervision, make them to do same and submit their performance appraisal to your line manager.
Required Qualification & Experience
Qualification & Experience
The candidates should have Master’s Degree in Social Sciences including Sociology, Development Studies, Social Works, LAW or related fields with at least three years and Bachelor’s Degree in related field with at least Five years of experience in similar role, will be responsible to oversee implementation of program activities, managerial and financial procedures, district/province bank account, support technical implementation as required, liaison with government counterparts and other stakeholders at district level and work closely with the Head Office to assure technical and operational management and quality control.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates may send cover letter detailing their experience and motivation for the current position with an updated CV to email@example.com by 10th August 2021. Please mention the position you are applying in the subject line. The position will be fulfilled on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Please mention the district you are applying for in the cover letter.
The application without cover letter and CV and not meeting the required criteria will not be considered for the position.
Only the shortlisted candidates meeting the criteria will be called for written test and interview. No telephone calls will be entertained.
WOREC Nepal encourages women and candidates from Dalit/Janjati and sexual minority to apply.
For details visit: