Y4GG2 is a three-year programme taking place across seven national societies globally. The Y4GG2 Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the delivery of the Y4GG2 project and contribute to effective implementation of Excel-3 project in Nepal. Key responsibilities will include engaging with implementing partner and members of the Raleigh Nepal Society through training in formative research, behaviour change and campaign design; before supporting them to mobilise more young people in the design and implementation of a national campaign which contributes to the implementation of positive environmental policies and the adoption of sustainable practices. The incumbent will work closely with colleagues responsible for delivering Y4GG2 across Raleigh’s global alliance, collaborating, and sharing best practice to contributing to the creation of a global movement of young people working towards creating a greener and fairer world for everyone.
The primary focus of this role will be supporting RNYC members and ExCEL participants to successfully deliver the campaign, ensuring Y4GG 2 and ExCEL 3 project outcomes are met in close collaboration with Country Progarmme Manager (CPM).
- Till June 2022
- Specific Task Contract
Location: Raleigh International Nepal, country office,
Salary: Based on the Raleigh International Nepal policy
Project Implementation – Y4GG
- Take lead for planning, implementation, and monitoring of Y4GG2 and contribute to Excel-3 project in close collaboration with Country Programmes Manager.
- Continuously engage, Coordinate and collaborate with implementing partner to implement the Y4GG2 and Excel-3 Project effectively and facilitate to recruit Excel participants for the programme and their effective Mobilization as per the programme impact or defined results.
- Conduct capacity building training/workshops/orientation to partner and Excel Participants.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other relevant staff members of Raleigh International Nepal and the Focal Points (FPs) of partner organizations for ensuring programmatic synergy and timely implementation.
- Coordinate input from technical experts and specialist trainers both within and external to Raleigh International Nepal to support the interventions described in the project log frame.
- Support planning and delivery of Kathmandu Recycles campaign activities as per the log frame with good guidance from CPM and GYCA.
- Collaborate with CPM and GYCA to organize and supervise monthly catch-up meeting with all campaign participants to track campaign progress as per implementation plan and in consideration to ExCEL 3 required activities.
- Lead preparation and logistics planning for all campaign training events including liaising with venues, accommodation, suppliers etc.
- Support organization of Y4GG participants administration including permission letters, IT support, preparation, logistics, monthly credit allowances and event budget plans and returns, always providing support and guidance.
- Planning and implementation of project MEAL requirements in collaboration with the MEAL teams in-country office.
- Attend fortnightly Y4GG2 catch-up meetings with the Global Youth for Change Manager (UK) and other staff as required.
- Generate and review monthly spend reports in collaboration with Finance team and CPM.
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and narrative reporting to the Oak Foundation, Norec and other co-finance partners as they are onboarded to the project.
- Conduct Training and support of all relevant staff, partners, and volunteers; especially in formative research, behaviour change and campaign design.
- Design and regularly update a learning-log, capturing real-time learnings from the Y4GG2 Programme.
Finance, Administration & IT
- Contribute to manage specific budget lines of Y4GG2 and as delegated to you by the CPM and GYCA .
- Use project budgets to plan and deliver events and activities on budget having close coordination with CPM and Finance team of RIN.
- Administer supplier payments as instructed by the CPM and in accordance with finance policy and timelines.
- Abide by the Raleigh International Nepal’ financial policies at all times, including compliance, time keeping, and coding.
- Train and support Y4GG2 and ExCEL participants, volunteers and RNYC members to understand and fulfil financial compliance requirements. Escalate any financial management concerns to the Country Programmes Manager immediately.
- Support to partner for financial transparency of project and timely reporting.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL)
- Under the guidance of the Country Programmes Manager, perform MEAL tasks delegated to you and having collaboration with MEAL officer in order that the MEAL officer may effectively manage project MEAL.
- Be knowledgeable or all RIN project MEAL plans and reporting requirements, so that you can support completion of MEAL activities and write and contribute to specific sections of donor reports as delegated to you.
Raleigh National Youth Centre – Support & Development
- Lead to enhance and strengthen the RNYC institutional capacity building with exploring diverse ideas.
- Promote global collaboration between national societies, underpinned by the aims and ethos in Now Is The Moment.
- Ensure all Raleigh policies and protocols are implemented during all RNYC projects and events.
- Support the CPM to manage breaches of code of conduct and programme dismissal.
- Support partner to mainstream RNYC whole team in result-based programme management process.
- Maintain confidentiality over personal information relating alumni and volunteers.
Communication, Coordination and Networking
- Maintain and establish cordial working relationship with various stakeholders from government, civil society, and private sector at both local and district level in close coordination with CPM.
- Maintain networking with other Youth organization, RNYC, Excel and Y4GG2 participants.
- Attend in learning sharing and review meeting among RT, RN and RIN team including participants and share best practices and progress.
- Lead on development of a Y4GG2 Nepal communications strategy with support from CPM and the UK Communications and Engagement Manager.
- Lead on the development of exciting stories of change and content from the Y4GG2 programme evidencing young people’s impact.
- Gather relevant stories, conduct interviews, and case studies and other news of Y4GG2. Work with communications staff to publish on relevant channels.
- Work with the GYCA and others to support the national society in the development of compelling and engaging campaign communications, with the capability of reaching and mobilising large audiences.
Required Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor (Preferred Master) degree with 3 years experience in Natural Resource Management, Environment, climate change, DRR, social science, or another relevant field.
- Practical post-qualification experience in young people mobilization will give preference.
- Ideally would have some cross-cultural work experience.
- Experience in mobilization of partner, group of young people, managing project budgets. Ability to plan and deliver activities on budget.
- Experience working with diverse stakeholder groups including local government in an inclusive and effective way to achieve organisational and project goals and maximise sustainability.
- Experience of working with and managing youth volunteers and also inclusive training design and delivery. Able to deliver high quality, inspiring, inclusive training and experiential learning.
- Ability to train, coach and support young leaders through the process of analysing strategic objectives, to operational implementation of systems and activities.
- Good understanding of formative research methodologies, behaviour change theory and campaign design and implementation.
- Experience in MEAL activities and report writing, Understanding of LFAs and Project Management Tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali including presentation skills to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure and react to urgent requests appropriately whilst managing multiple deadlines and/or priorities.
- Strong commitment to Raleigh International’s aims, ethos and vision, Experience of advocacy and/ or campaigns.
Normal office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm. Staff may be required to work longer hours at events and during busy periods, including weekends, but time can be claimed back using the Time Off In Lieu policy.
Equal opportunities, safeguarding and vulnerable adults
Raleigh International is committed to ensuring equal opportunities and the health, safety, welfare and development of all people with whom it works regardless of gender, age, stage of development, disability, sexual orientation, religion, culture or ethnicity. All staff and participants who take part in activities organized by us should enjoy working and taking part without fear of harm. We guide all staff and participants to show respect for and understanding of people’s rights as well as their safety and welfare, and by so doing, conduct themselves in a way that reflects our principles.
It is Raleigh International’s policy to conduct organization business honestly, and without the use of corrupt practices or acts of bribery to obtain or receive an unfair advantage.
Raleigh is committed to ensuring adherence to the highest legal and ethical standards of organization conduct. This must be reflected in every aspect of the way in which we operate. We must conduct all our dealings with integrity. Bribery and corruption harm the societies in which these acts are committed and prevents economic growth and development.
Any breach of Raleigh’s policy will be regarded as a serious matter and will be dealt with under our disciplinary procedure. In serious cases, it may be treated as gross misconduct leading to summary dismissal.
For complete Job Description, Please CLICK HERE
How to Apply
Please apply for this role using our online application form and selecting the job title ‘Y4GG Coordinator – Nepal’ CLICK HERE
In your application under the person specification section, you should state why you are interested in the role and explain briefly how you meet the requirements shown in the Person Specification.
Closing date: 12th November 2021
Interview date(s): TBC