PATH is currently recruiting for a Program Manager for our Health Systems portfolio in Nepal.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches for strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently implementing a broad portfolio of activities in Nepal on a range of health issues including Vaccines and Immunization systems strengthening, Neglected Tropical Diseases, and COVID-19. PATH has been supporting the Nepal programs for the last 7 years.
The PATH Program Manager – Health Systems, leads the design and implementation of PATH’s public health programs and organizational investments in Infectious diseases, COVID-19, Oxygen, Vaccines, Immunization, TB and HIV, Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH), Nutrition, Rice fortification, Non-communicable Diseases (NCD) & Public Health Care (PHC). The Director oversees an evolving portfolio of grant-funded projects and will expand PATH’s portfolio. The Director will represent PATH externally, serving as a scientific expert and external representative for Health Systems and supports PATH’s global work in the space.
- Gather insights from major stakeholders to inform PATH’s strategy and operations areas as specified by PATH.
- Establish strategic priorities for focused development of programs working closely with key stakeholders from across the organization.
- Ensuring PATH is prepared to respond, adapt, and pivot to new areas of opportunities based on evolving needs, as well as being able to respond to rapidly changing events impacting health equity.
- Suitably adapt the strategy to current scenario in areas to be specified for effective implementation.
- Coordinate with the Country Director, Technical leads and the Strategy and Business development teams while working on above responsibilities.
HEALTH SYSTEMS PROGRAMS
Work with existing project and program leaders within Public Health to develop and implement program direction based on consideration of a broad range of internal and external factors, and an understanding of the relationships between various PATH program areas. Specifically:
- Identify and oversee the development of responses to new funding opportunities.
- Build PATH’s Portfolio by leading business development opportunities in this space.
- Hire and develop key talent for the programs.
- Lead and execute the strategic plan through the implementation of business development strategies.
- Build awareness of PATH’s accomplishments and capabilities in major stakeholders.
- Track and update relevant project activities of donors and funding opportunities and work with PATH team on proposals for relevant opportunities for PATH.
- Serve as performance leader and mentor for project leads in Health Systems portfolio.
- Provide strategic leadership and support to the Health Systems team.
- Review and provide oversight for project implementation and evaluation, review and approve all program reports and materials developed for public dissemination.
- Ensure that the programs meet and exceed donor expectations of quality and delivery.
- Support PATH’s administrative activities in Nepal
CROSS PATH AND EXTERNAL REPRESENTATION
Represent the Health Systems Programs with internal PATH partners and key external audience, including:
- Map major stakeholders for PATH. Stakeholders include, but are not limited to the government, ministry of health, academic institutions of public health, global and national donors in the public health donors, international non-profits, grass-root NGOs and non-profits, and community-based organizations.
- Engage (through meetings, calls and focused-group sessions, etc.) with stakeholders to identify areas where PATH can contribute high impact interventions.
- Map and attend major development sector events/virtual meets and gather relevant insights.
- Ignite and develop strategic partnerships for further outreach and long-term association with major stakeholders.
- Model clear, open, and collaborative communication approaches in a dynamic environment.
- Collaborate closely with global program leaders to provide scientific accountability and needed expertise for country-based work.
- Work with Product Development program leaders to identify opportunities for product development collaboration across the platforms of vaccines, diagnostics, drug development and devices/tools.
- Represent PATH externally, serving as a scientific expert and external representative and also assisting PATH in supporting the Government’s efforts for strengthening Health outcomes.
- Build PATH’s capacity in Health Systems programs through development of cross PATH collaborations and recruitment of new technical expertise, including at country level.
- Interface with donors for updating project progress and identifying focus areas.
- Engage with National and State Governments for smooth functioning of projects.
- Provide overall leadership consistent with PATH’s mission, values, and policies.
- Provide thought leadership at PATH in the area of Health Systems programs.
- Participate in panels, conferences and other events ensuring that PATH is represented in key stakeholder conversations locally and globally.
- Engage Health Systems leaders in building a resilient program positioned to leverage the dynamic donor and global landscape for greatest impact.
- Model cultural and organizational agility internally and externally.
PUBLIC HEALTH (PH) PORTFOLIO
Work collaboratively with other program teams that include Infectious diseases, TB, Malaria, etc. to:
- Identify opportunities and develop cross program responses to funding opportunities.
- Drive business development activities to create a diversified and sustainable portfolio.
- Partner with other members of the leadership team to build cross-program public health competencies in surveillance, evidence-based interventions, innovation in policy and programs, implementation science and operational research monitoring and evaluation.
- Participate in the development and evolution of the overall PATH Impact portfolio and strategy.
Required Qualification & Experience
- Doctoral degree in medicine, public health, health systems, economics or another relevant field.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in medical practice with seven (07) years of progressively responsible leadership roles in the design and/or delivery of public health programs and research with a preference for experience in working on Health Systems, etc.
- Nationally recognized leader in and experience working in Health Systems programs
- Good people management and communication skills to manage conflict effectively and motivate employees with commitment to building a shared vision of the future, setting standards, and managing individual and team performance.
- Good analytical, solution-oriented skills and business acumen with the ability to deliver quality, high impact projects while providing value to donors.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic leadership and maintain clarity and focus of investments and action.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative organizational structure.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-site team-based organizational structure, including partners and other collaborators.
- Ability to work with people with divergent points of view and to respectfully navigate differences.
- Demonstrated ability to work with partners to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with donors and National and State Governments
- Stakeholder engagement, strategy, program design, operations, and business development experience in the public health ecosystem with deep understanding and knowledge of the same. In addition, international experience is preferable.
- Experience with major donors, INGOs in the health sector
- Proven ability to provide strategic direction to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute business strategies, achieving goals through market focus, innovative approaches, and entrepreneurial spirit while bearing in mind calculated risks.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to persuade and influence others.
- Fluency in English, Hindi and Nepali is essential.
- Available to travel nationally and internationally up to 30 percent.
Must have legal authorization/enablement to work in Nepal.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers*
PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.