Position Title: Procurement Logistics Assistant
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade-4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term ,6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: August 02, 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resources Management Officer and direct supervision of National Procurement Logistics and Government Liaison Officer, Security FP, the incumbent will be supporting procurement activities of the organization. The incumbent’s responsibilities will include the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Responsible to purchase required office equipment, supplies, materials.
- Strictly adhere to the proper IOM administrative procedures and standards for follow up, canvassing, bidding, ordering and stock keeping and timely delivery of procured supplies and materials.
- Closely coordinate with and ensure that all project-related purchases are reviewed and approved by the Project Manager in advance and coordinate with the Finance Unit on accounting requirements prior to issue of PO.
- Handle the shipment of personal effects whenever staff moves in/out of different destination in coordination with the sending/receiving mission.
- Coordinate interpreter and translation service as requested by different programme activities.
- Provide assistance to identify appropriate venues for training /workshop/conference and events within the country by following procurement procedure.
- Coordinate and handle all request for printing materials such as books, brochure, letter head, banner, visibility items, business card etc.
- Maintain assets inventories timely by scanning the QR code tagged in assets and handle the assets disposal process via scrap sale/auction/donation by following assets disposal procedure. Conduct assets verification in a yearly basis or as required.
- Responsible to order stationeries required for different unit and to maintain inventories and store.
- Maintain daily fuel logbook and handle request for procurement of fuel as per the requirement.
- Handle in procuring medical/lab supplies/equipment and IT related goods and services.
- Responsible to handle petty cash and settle it on monthly basis.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time which are commensurate to the position.
Required Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, accounting or a related field with 2 years of experience.
- Secondary Education in above field with 4 years of experience.
- Past experience of handling procurement and logistics work.
- Knowledge of UN/IOM procurement practice and procedures will be an advantage.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to email@example.com by 02 August 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.