ABOUT RESTLESS DEVELOPMENT
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being sidelined. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but we can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
Restless Development Nepal is currently seeking a dynamic, socially active and outgoing Partnership Oﬃcer for an energetic and outstanding Communication and Partnership unit. We are seeking a self-motivated, interesting and vibrant young person to work as part of our bright team and help us with these exciting fundraising initiatives.
You will join a supportive and talented team that works in Nepal Hub to lead the Partnership Unit and will work closely with the Hub Director and the international team. We need you to be proactive, organized, and willing to learn quickly. It’s a really exciting role for anyone who would want to grow their career in Communication and Partnership development and keen to be part of the leading agency supporting young people to make change happen.
||Partnership and Communication Oﬃcer
||Rs 999,398 per annum
|Length of contract
||Initial 6-month contract
||Must have the right to work in Nepal
1. Fundraising and Partnership initiatives
- Research and Relationships
- Conduct mapping of potential donor strategies to Restless Development through the web, strategy documents and discussions with like-minded organisations to support in identifying areas of synergy to bring donor relationships forward.
- Attend partner/donor meetings and make presentations where necessary
- Proposal Development
- Lead in identifying potential grants and proposals through online/oﬄine research, and draft short briefs to be shared with the Country Director and Business Development team in Restless Development International.
- Lead the proposal developing process and meet the proposal deadlines, including budget development as necessary
- Assist the development of projects and submissions of bids.
- Design communication materials such as Project pitch, capacity statements and project briefs to be shared with potential and existing donors.
- Update the Fundraising database, ensuring that all donor/partner contact details are coordinated, and interactions recorded. This includes requesting information from other staff members on meeting details, including in other Restless Hubs
- Support national/international staff in fundraising efforts by providing information on donor and partner relationships. This requires to work closely with the dedicated staff from the Business Development Team in Restless Development International.
- Support Programme Unit
- Engagement in the drafting of National and International Campaigns and program reports, newsletters and relevant marketing materials
- Assist in gathering and analysing information partner agencies and other stakeholders.
- Take part in the planning, staging and reporting of program reports and donor reports.
Undertake any other assignments that the oﬃce may require; such as covering relevant national/international events and drafting reports for transmission to the National and International team.
2. Marketing and Communication Activities
- Website and Social Media Management
- Regularly reviewing Restless Development Nepal information in the website to ensure it is correct and up to date
- Drafting articles for the “News” section of the website, for approval of Head of Operations
- Liaising with the Restless Development International Oﬃce for additions to the website, corrections, etc.
- Handle the Social Media page and ensure there is strong regular communication plan in place with support from the Global Communication Oﬃcer
- Regular Communications
- Sourcing and drafting articles, sourcing images, and setting format for quarterly newsletter for approval of line manager
- Ensuring proper distribution of the quarterly newsletter in both paper and electronic format
- Support the programme team in drafting program report for approval of line manager, and ensuring proper distribution
- Communication Materials
- Identifying key examples of our impact from reports from the Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation Unit to develop into communication materials
- Ensure all staff are aware of what materials are available for them to use and respond to their request for materials
- Ensure that the Partnership and Communication unit is fully stocked with communications materials at all times
- Support in developing, printing, and distributing annual reports as well as quarterly newsletters,press releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, video, special projects and assignments when required
- Develop and regularly update communication plans and external engagement plans.
- Coordination with Global Communications team
- Support International team in the design of communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization.
- Develop a national communication plan regarding Social Media aligning with the International communication plan.
- Coordinate with the programme team to obtain resources to update in Restless Development Nepal’s website.
3. Capacity Building of staff, PNGOs, volunteers and alumni in partnership management and fundraising
- Support the Nepal Hub and Restless Development global to identify areas of improvement within the unit to help the organization meet the key performance indicators.
- Support Country Director on the implementation of internal training programmes on key fundraising issues and organize external training where appropriate for volunteers, alumni, partner NGOs, etc.
- Provide support to other Restless Development’s initiatives and Units as and when require
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU
We are proud to commit to a transparent global salary scale, ensuring a fair and comparable system of pay across all global locations. In addition to the salary above we offer communication allowances, medical and accidental insurance beneﬁts.
Values and Culture
At Restless Development, we’re proud that the strength and integrity of our Values has been recognised by staff, donors and others who we work with. Beyond this, we have a culture of recognising and celebrating both our Values and our global achievements with monthly Values Champions and an annual Values Day.
It goes without saying that we work hard at Restless Development. We also recognise the importance of helping staff to maintain a positive work-life balance by offering:
- 24 days annual leave (in addition to public holidays and with an extra day of annual leave given for each full year of service, up to a maximum of 28 days).
- Flexible working
- Generous study leave, maternity, paternity or adoption leave, and leave pay.
Restless Development is proud to be an employer who recognises potential and invests in the development of its staff. We are committed to the professional development of our staff through:
- Empowering opportunities to work on signiﬁcant projects which stretch and inspire staff – allowing them to develop on-the-job.
- Regular performance management.
- Training and development opportunities, including supporting our staff to identify mentors both within and outside of the agency.
- Quarterly Staff Workshops for all staff to give and receive agency updates, receive training, and socialise.