Technical support, program monitoring, advocacy and reporting:
- Provide technical leadership using best CTIP practice and approaches to the government and CSOs and ensure strengthening CTIP legislative and policy framework, legislative analysis, legislative drafting and policy recommendation and advocacy at the municipal, provincial and national level.
- Strategically engage with Government agencies, development partners, I/NGOs, civil society members/partners and are up to date on developments in the CTIP, foreign labor migration and the entertainment sector.
- Take a lead in ensuring the effective implementation of program strategies, initiatives, policies, and budgets.
- Ensure timely, high quality implementation of activities and deliverables.
- Ensure review program reports and respond as necessary.
- Oversee sub grants to strengthen CTIP activities, particularly on advocacy, outreach and improving service delivery to TIP survivors at at-risk people.
- Oversight initiatives to strengthen regional network and cooperation mechanism in support of national counter trafficking legislation in Nepal.
- Oversee and engage in design, implementation and finalization of high quality CTIP research.
- Reviews, researches, interprets, and prepares both written and oral opinions on a wide variety of legal issues related to labor migration and human trafficking.
- Ensure oversight to conduct strategic advocacy with the national level stakeholders, including the policy makers, media and civil society in labor migration and human trafficking.
- Ensure monthly narrative and financial reports accuracy.
- Provide high quality written analysis and reporting.
- Work with team with a particular focus on connecting trafficking survivors and people at risk to legal information and services and advocacy.
- Ensure support and training to other staff and partners in legal protection, legal policy framework through workshops, orientations, seminars and meetings, where necessary.
- Oversee and ensure the legal partners and Winrock team’s work in legal policy development, strategic litigation to more effective prevention, protection ad prosecution.
External Liaison and Networking:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships national, provincial and municipal level government institutions and justice actors.
- Develop and maintain liaison with government, civil society and private sector counterparts.
- Networking with like-minded organization, partners, and forums.
Other duties as assigned
Required Qualification & Experience
Education: Master’s degree in policy and governance, law, human rights, social justice, international development or other relevant field.
Technical: Minimum 7 years’ relevant experience on advocacy and policy. Must have significant technical knowledge about CTIP and/or foreign migration.
- Relevant experience implementing policy development and advocacy programs with the government at the national level.
- Experience building the capacity of government entities as the national and sub-national level.
- Experience managing international projects to the highest ethical and quality standards.
- Experience on CTIP issues, drivers and legislations HTTCA, FEA, and foreign labor migration.
- Experience working with government, I/NGOs, CSOs working in CTIP.
- Experience in technical monitoring, advocacy and outreach related to CTIP.
- Experience on compliance matrix.
- Knowledge or understanding of social, economic, and political context governing anti-trafficking and safe migration issues.
- Knowledge of international and national laws and regulations pertinent to labor migration and human trafficking.
- Knowledge of human and institutional capacity building tools and approaches, particularly in a decentralized governance system.
- Understanding of policies and enforcement mechanisms related to TIP in Nepal.
- Knowledge on legal research, relevant legislation.
- Technical experience or knowledge of prevailing laws on human trafficking, labor migration and related themes and keep track of the latest amendments and regulations of law.
- Excellent panning and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali required.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, other office package.
Professionalism: Deep technical knowledge of social, economic, and political context governing anti-trafficking and safe migration issues in Nepal and internationally. Proven experience designing and leading complex advocacy initiatives. Proven experience strengthening the organizational and technical capacity of civil society. Proven experience designing and overseeing targeted policy and action-oriented quantitative and qualitative research.
Planning & Organizing: Ability to plan work and manage conflicting priorities.
Communication: Excellent spoken and written communication skills, including the ability to proactively liaise with technical staff and present information in a clear and concise style. Fluency in written in English and Nepali.
Teamwork: Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Analytical skills: Ability to analyze information and solve problems with excellent attention to detail.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application by email, referencing in the subject line “Law and Governance Manager”, to HamroSammanRecruitment@winrock.org on or before November 26, 2020. Your application must include a cover letter and C.V. Hard copies of applications will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Women, people with disabilities and those belonging to discriminated groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
All employees should adhere to USAID, UK aid Winrock International’s code of ethics, and specifically child safeguarding and trafficking in persons provisions covered in the project agreement.