We are looking for a People and Culture Manager / HR Manager to join our team.
You’ll be responsible to design, develop and implement strategies that will attract, engage and develop talent and build a high-performance team and culture. You will also be responsible for conducting operational activities in HR.
You’ll directly report to the CEO and will be the go-to person for everything involving talent management and culture development in the company. You will be responsible for developing detailed HR plans, ensuring resource availability and career growth of each team member.
If you are hired, you are expected to work from our office in Hadigaun (near Baluwatar)
What Does Codewing Solutions do?
We are a creative digital agency with 45 team members and we expect to grow up to 100 team members by 2021. We are a product-based company rather than a service-oriented company.
We create world-class WordPress Themes, Plugins, and SaaS products. Two of our popular products are Rara Themes and WP Travel Engine, both based on WordPress.
With more than 4 million downloads, Rara Themes is one of the leading WordPress theme companies in the world. It has 85+ free and premium WordPress themes and users from more than 150 countries.
Similarly, WP Travel Engine is currently the world’s #1 travel booking WordPress plugin. It has over 250,000 downloads and users from more than 100 countries
Besides creating world-class products, we also believe in having fun at work. We work 5 days a week, and we chill on weekends!
What will you be responsible for?
- Facilitate the recruitment process in an effective, timely, fair manner to select qualified candidates. (including reviewing JD’s, advertising vacancies on different channels, screening, shortlisting, interviewing using competency-based behavioral and situational interviewing techniques, checking references, proposing job offers, and preparing employment documents)
- Conduct an onboarding process for new hires and ensure all new hires have a good understanding of core values, company policies, procedures, strategies, and operations to perform the job.
- Facilitate exit/separation process in compliance with policies, procedures, and labor law.
- Handle staff grievance and disciplinary action processes following Nepal Labor law, HR policies of Codewing on employee relation.
- Regularly track the legal changes including labor law and related laws(taxation, insurance, SSF) to propose an appropriate revision for the HR policy.
- Competent in preparing an employee handbook, policy book, contracts, retention strategy and other required HR documents.
- Assess and identify competency gaps against competency framework for key roles.
- Conduct annual performance reviews to equip the whole team with relevant skills to inspire high performance and support career development.
- Use all available resources (in-house trainers, online learning, consulting, outsourcing, etc) in developing and delivering learning and development activities.
- Conduct staff engagement surveys to get feedback from employees on organizational and staff wellbeing. Create a conducive work environment where staff enjoys wellbeing and are highly motivated.
- Create effective processes and documents related to Talent Management
Required Qualification & Experience
How qualified you should be?
- Minimum Bachelor graduate is preferred
- Minimum of 3 year of work Experience required as an HR Manager
- Should have high attention to details
- Should be proactive
- Should have a strong understanding of Nepalese Labor law and compliance
- Diplomacy, tact, and people skills
- Patience, self-motivated and strong work ethics
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be fluent in English and Nepali (spoken, written, typing preferred)
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks
- Leadership skills, a team player and have a problem-solving aptitude
- Knowledge of HR Software
- Should keep oneself updated with best HR practices, not just in Nepal but globally
Why you will love working with us?
When you join our team, these are some of the perks that you get.
- Work with the CEO who wants to implement best HR practices and strongly believe that people are the most valuable asset of the organisation.
- Attractive salary range
- Director of People and Culture: 100-150K
- Senior People and Culture Manager: 70-100K
- People and Culture Manager: 40-70K
- Work with a team that has a proven record of building and scaling world-class products
- Fun and friendly people to work with
- Cozy workspace with natural light and ventilation
- Free lunch and snacks
- Unlimited coffee and tea
- Flexible working hours
- Salary review regularly
- Performance Bonus
- Recreational activities
- Provident Fund
- Gratuity Fund
- Festival Allowance
- Paid Leaves
- Trainings, information sessions and workshops
- Health and Accidental Insurance
How to Apply
Ready to Apply?
If the vacancy appeals to you and matches your interest, send an email to email@example.com (NOT . COM). The email should include the following:
- Your CV/Resume
- The position you are applying for as the subject
Please also include answers to the following questions:
- What 3 changes that you have implemented in your current organisation or previous organisation that you are proud of and why? Please elaborate in detail.
- If you were the CEO of your current or previous organisation, what changes would you implement?
- What do you like the most about your job?
- What do you like the least about your job?
- Give 3 examples from your career that demonstrate your proactiveness.
- What are 5 things that you think are extremely important to look at when hiring a candidate, a part of technical skills. Please explain in detail.
We’ll take it from there.
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, we regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.