Vacancy Notice No: VN#NP/05/21
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Finance Assistant
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 5
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: September 13, 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of Resources Management Head and direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant in Kathmandu, Nepal, the incumbent will be responsible for providing finance support services to the mission’s activities;
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Review and ensure all supporting documentation and signatures are obtained before finalizing vouchers; verify invoices and ascertain that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request. Ensure travel claim by staff follows correct DSA (Daily Subsistence Allowance) rate, exchange rate with all support documentation.
- Perform Accounts Payable Invoice Processor (API), Accounts Receivable Invoice Processor (ARI) & Accounting Reviewer – Mission (ARM) role is System Applicant Product (SAP). Take responsibility of vendor clearance in due time in coordination with procurement colleague; Follow up the timely payment for consultant as per contract.
- Be responsible for getting VAT (Value Added Tax) refund, VAT refund posting, Follow up for the settlement. Ensure proper recording/filing of hard copy of financial documents.
- Monitoring cash receipt and disbursement record for Medical Health Assessment Center. Maintain effective working relationships with clients; Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries and suggest adjustments as appropriate.
- Handle invoicing to Australian Medical Center on monthly basis. Prepare and submit financial report to respective Project Manager or delegated staff.
- Prepare BNP (Budget for New Project) file for revised/new project and submit to MBS (Manila Budget Support) for the system upload.
- Prepare the financial report of the running and closed project in timely manner, submit for the final endorsement.
- Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualification & Experience
- Completion of High School Degree preferably in Accounting or Commerce from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant work experience; Or
- Bachelor’s Degree in above fields from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, PRISM-FI software and procedures a distinct advantage;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to analyze and interpret source information and data;
- High level of computer literacy is required, particularly in IOM computerized accounting systems. Good knowledge of MS office, specifically EXCEL;
- Good communication skills. Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for Results, respect for diversity and creative thinking. Ability to lead, coach and work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds are a requirement.
- Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to email@example.com by 13 September 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
From 31.08.2021 to 13.09.2021