Finance and Corporate Service Director  based in National Office Lalitpur
World Vision is a child focused relief, development and advocacy organization that has contributed to transformation in the lives of millions of children around the world in vulnerable situations. We are driven by Christian values to serve children and families regardless of their religion, age, gender, ethnicity, class and caste.
The Finance and Corporate Services (FCS) Director provides overall leadership, oversight and management support for all aspects of Financial Management, Supply Chain Management, Office Administration, ICT and Security functions in WVI Nepal.
This position is seen as a strategic partner, member of the Senior Leadership Team with a focus on ensuring accountability, stewardship, coordinating planning and budgeting processes, providing accurate financial data, analysis and advices, as well as developing financial strategy that best serves the WVI Nepal’s strategic and program objectives. Guidance to FCS functions to focus on process improvement, simplification, standardization and cost containment to achieve Child Well Being Outcomes.
The Finance and Corporate Services Director is responsible for the department’s staff’s capacity strengthening, development, improvement and implementation of good internal controls, risk management, and utilization and safe guarding of assets according to WV approved policies and procedures.
The position also provides strategic leadership and quality service / support to all FCS units to deliver accurate, compliant and efficient services & information, to enable effective decision making and efficient resource allocation & utilization to maximize ministry effectiveness contributing to Our Promise.
- Provide strategic leadership to finance and support services ensuring competent staff are hired, motivated and retained, delivering high quality services;
- Coordinate professional and personal development of staff through adequate orientation, on-the-job coaching, identification of learning, training needs and opportunities;
- Develop synergies, open communication, cooperation between Finance, SCM, Admin, ICT and security;
- Ensure Finance and support services’ Annual Business Plan is in line with Country Strategy, while embedding regional & global priorities and is implemented by staff in National Office and Field Offices;
- Ensure partnership finance, procurement, IT and security related policies are understood and implemented by all WVI Nepal staff and Partner NGOs
- Ensure succession plans are in place and implemented for all critical roles of each function, with the support of P&C and Regional functional leads
- Promote shared resource networks within the region, and the partnership. Adhere to WVI key policy documents – mission, core values, and covenant of partnership.
- Ensure alignment of budgets between National Office, projects, grants, MyPBAS and that of Support Offices;
- Ensure proper treasury, cash, asset management and cash flows processes are in place;
- Ensure proper monitoring of financial resources expenditures against budget is done on a monthly basis;
- Ensures financial systems are established/maintained to comply with appropriate WV policies and local policies;
- Ensures that accurate financial reporting is completed on time as per WV Policies and Government of Nepal (GoN)’s requirement;
- Ensures Field Office/Project Manager are kept accountable in project spending;
- Ensures financial management and accounting practices are maintained in line with GoN, WV finance manual, donor compliance and other policies.
- Acceptable audit rating in National Office, Field Office and projects;
- Timely submission of accurate financial reports’, field Spend Analysis are compiled and any other relevant reports etc.
- Control of NO budget, cash flow and project funding, by providing timely and relevant information to budget managers, in collaboration with the Operations Leader.
- Ensures budget monitoring and spend analysis is done on a monthly basis to aid Field/Project Managers to make decisions.
- Prepare financial analysis and projections for National Director and Senior Leadership Team.
- Ensure that Office Admin cost is managed within approved levels providing required direction to the finance team and advice to the senior management team
- Ensures grants reporting; monthly, quarterly and end of grants are done on time.
- Ensures donor compliance and audits are done as per grant agreements;
- Ensure local partners are in compliance with grant agreements and regulations;
- Ensure donor and support office queries are responded on time and with clear variance explanation;
- Be innovative in securing cost recovery of grants, and monitor closely to avoid overspending / questionable costs
- Ensure sourcing activities are executed in line with a sourcing strategy which is developed on the basis of a complete & accurate Consolidated Procurement Plan for projects, grants and all functional departments.
- Manage implementation of consistent and effective strategic sourcing process in collaboration with field staff across all offices, including Partner NGOs;
- Build and maintain successful working relationships with strategic and bottleneck suppliers;
- Ensure orientation and implementation of sourcing process as per WV procurement policies and donor compliance requirement to reduce any risks associated with procurement compliance.
- Ensure local guidelines is developed for complex categories and support is provided for timely project implementation to local partners
- Ensures proper administration of WVI Nepal Office services requirements such as asset care, front desk administration, telephone services, tickets/visa processing, messenger service, mail/ and courier services, visitor relations, and other office administrative concerns are achieved;
- Ensure there 100% connectivity in WVI Nepal Offices;
- Ensures that staff adhere to the ICT policies and procedures;
- Ensure protection of WVI Nepal employee, assets, programme by any type of intentional and unintentional activities and incidents
- Able to clearly articulate WV’s mission and policies to key stakeholders, including external vendors, partners and WV service provider.
- Department/ Unit Heads able to fulfill clear performance expectations and individual learning plans;
- Advice and Support ND and SLT on risks related to performance of individuals or organization, compliance with government, donors and WVI policies and procedures;
- Ensure functional Risk Registers are up-to-date identifying emerging risks, keep relevant stakeholders informed and mitigation plans implemented. Ensure that 100% of Audit Recommendations are implemented within approved timelines.
How to Apply
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may apply by November 30, 2022 by logging on to Finance and Corporate Services Director for more details on the position and application.
World Vision International Nepal is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.
WVI Nepal reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal