Food and Agriculture Organization
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Our goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We…
Job Posting: 14/Nov/2022
Closure Date: 06/Dec/2022, 4:44:00 AM
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Primary Location: Nepal-Kathmandu
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is a specialized technical agency of the United Nations established in 1945 whose mission is to contribute to eradicating hunger and achieving food security for all. FAO contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through FAO’s Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable agri-food systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
The incumbent will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, in close coordination with the Assistant FAO Representative (admin) and direct supervision of the functional supervisor.
The Driver is responsible to perform driving services for the staff of the FAO Country Office in Nepal, as well as official visitors. He also provides other pick-up, delivery, and messenger services for his clients. The incumbent ensures the safety and comfort of the passengers and longevity of the vehicles assigned. He shows a high sense of responsibility and trustworthiness and handles his passengers and clients with utmost courtesy and respect.
In his/her function as Driver for the FAO Country Office, the incumbent will be in regular contact with all staff of the country office, with national and international visitors, with (high ranking) officials from the Government and other (UN) Agencies, with project managers, consultants, and other personnel from within and outside the Organization.
The incumbent’s work impacts on the timely and efficient delivery of the immediate work unit’s programme.
• National of Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal
• At minimum a School Leaving Certificate (SLC) or Secondary Education Examination (SEE) must be completed.
• A minimum three years’ work experience as a driver in recognized and reputed organization with Flawless, safe driving record.
• Working knowledge of English and Nepali language must be required
• Results Focus
• Team Work
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair.
• A high degree of punctuality and reliability is required.
• Safe driving manner. Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions.
• Ability to cope with extended working hours.
• Extent of relevant technical experience in the areas related.
• Ability to manage and work with a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
• Proven experience in safe driving mentioned above.
• Strong work ethic, well-organized, result focused, good team player and dynamic personality.
• Previous experience of working with UN agencies is an asset.
• Proven writing and reporting skills.
• Ability to operate under pressure and good interpersonal skills.
• Basic computer skills.