Reports to: MEAL Manager
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organization founded in the Czech Republic in 1992. PIN arrived in Nepal as part of a humanitarian response to the April 25, 2015 earthquake. Since its inception in Nepal, PIN has had a strong role advocating and addressing the needs of marginalized populations. This includes people who live in geographically remote areas of Nepal, people who are from historically marginalized ethnic groups, and those marginalized because of their age and/or gender identity (women and girls). PIN has also supported Nepal’s post-earthquake reconstruction efforts ensuring that the most vulnerable people are not left behind with resilience (focused on shelter and resettlement) and inclusive education programming. PIN-Nepal is strongly committed for safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, including persons with disabilities, in line with its safeguarding framework and child protection policy.
Scope of Work
Under the direct supervision of MEAL Manager, the Data Management Officer will be responsible to ensure the quality of the Country Program data and information by closely coordinating with staff, different departments and implementing partners. S/he will be responsible for reviewing organization data into insightful information and learnings that can be used to influence activity-level decision making. S/he will be supporting in cleaning, processing, and analysing both qualitative and quantitative data and support data management protocols including documentation, storage and management in the Country Program. S/he will strictly adhere to PIN Code of Conduct and key policies including Child Protection Policy and Safeguarding Policy.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Data Management System and Strategy
- Design, develop and update data applications to support the process for data analysis, recording, reporting and dissemination in the Country Program
- Develop and implement data management plans and strategies for effective data management and use
- Develop and ensure application for effective data collection, tracking, and reporting to monitor activity outputs and program quality
- Compile and manage data received from field staff and implementing partners, and produce various information products related to project activities such as infographics, factsheets, briefing papers, etc. to enhance quality of the project reports.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate data and information system that could affect analytical results
- Ensure data and information protection by integrating and upholding online data security systems and following organization’s data protection policies and protocols
- Ensure Sex, Age, Diversity disaggregated data management (collection, analysis, dissemination) adhering to the protection mainstreaming principles of safety and dignity, avoid causing harm, meaningful access, accountability, participation and empowerment.
Data Quality Assurance
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Regularly review data to assure quality and identify potential improvement areas
- Ensure data accuracy and consistency at entry and identify problems at various level including the questionnaires, entry methods, interview, and software
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Work closely with MEAL Department and project teams on the various surveys, assessments and evaluations of different projects
- Take lead on training field team and partner’s team on data management and data collection protocols in general. Support external evaluation team, as required
- Collaborate with program and MEAL staff to assure M&E components are of high quality and improve processes and practices in data analysis, visualization and use
- Produce and update information products such as reports, charts and infographics by turning data into graphical products to convey messages and a storyline
- Compile and organize findings and data retrieved before presenting it to management for decision-making
- Assist with report preparation and data extraction when needed
- Support MEAL Manager and Program/Project Manager(s) for all internal (PIN CP and HQ- IPR, NAVI, IQR) and external (government bodies like SWC, AMIS, line ministries, clusters, donors, fund manager, technical working groups) reporting and archiving in PIN’s system (ELO, NAVI, Sharepoint)
Documentation and Knowledge Management
- Ensure regular documentation of lessons learned under PIN supported programme interventions and ensure key findings and learnings are shared timely with relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare data visualization to facilitate public presentation of data findings including pie charts, bar graphs, and tables, among others to include in both external and internal reports ensuring GEDSI and protection profiling.
- Identify best practices for documentation such as human success stories, technical reports, or peer review publications, research and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders.
- Develop process for knowledge management with the projects including recording of lessons learned, best practices and recommendations for future programmes
- Any other relevant activities assigned by the line manager
How to Apply
Submit an updated CV and Motivation letter following the link below before 30th May 2022. Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis and should a suitable candidate be found before the official closing date, the advertisement might be withdrawn prior to the deadline thus early submissions are strongly encouraged. No phone calls will be entertained.
PIN promotes equal opportunities. Women, Janajati and Dalit candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
APPLY FOR THE POSITION