Sagoon – an everyday household name in South Asia is becoming a favorite social media platform among the young population in Nepal and India. Thousands of users are joining Sagoon daily to Connect with friends, Share knowledge & experience, and Earn smart coins while spending time on the platform. The experience becomes more flattering with features like trending videos and mood…
Sagoon is looking for a Country Head in Nepal who will run the overall operation,business, and growth in Nepal.The ideal candidate should have a strong desire and passion for fulfilling the Sagoon mission in Nepal – acquiring a user base of 21 millionand redirect $180 million annual advertising revenue to the Sagoon platform used for jobs creation and economic growth in Nepal.
1. Manage and perform the overall operation – hiring, finance, tax, legal, compliance, government, PR, Media, Marketing, customers, partners, and public affairs.
2. Develop marketing, partnership strategy, planning, and execution to acquire customer/users, sale, and revenue
3. Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader Sagoon vision, ecosystem, and the competitive landscape in Nepal and overseas.
4. Partner with Product and Marketing in Nepal to localize our app and services, pricing, payment, and market-specific product offerings to meet local market needs to increase conversion.
5. Work closely with local market leaders to develop and execute the best strategies in each region.
6. Evaluate and communicate plans, progress, and results regularly to key stakeholders, achieve cross-functional alignment around goals and objectives, and drive decisions to maximize national performance.
1. We are looking for an entrepreneur mindset, a start-up working culture, and a strong desire to change the world or add value to the community.
2. Deeply passionate and have a fundamental understanding of the social media users, e-commerce space, market dynamic, digital advertisement, e-commerce sales, and overall market opportunity in Nepal.
3. 6+ years of professional experience in industry link: Media House, digital platform, E-commerce on the internet or and software technology
4. Experience with B2B and B2C business – strong communications, sales, and time management skills.
5. Demonstrated capacity in execution of complex, large-scale concepts clearly and able to handle the stress of workload.
6. Demonstrate national and international leadership quality to manage people, products, partners, and organizations.
7. Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment, including user’s experience, A/B testing from idea to growth.
8. Willing to experiment, take risks, and move quickly to grow brand equity, acquire, and retain users.
9. Excellent communication and project management skill
10. Experience living and working abroad or cultural working experience other than Nepali. Cross-functional and cross-cultural empathy is required – Hindi and English languages are the most.
11. BA/BS or MBA from overseas is desired
12. No ego – the best idea wins no matter where it comes from
Perks of working with us:
Interested to Apply?
If the vacancy appeals to you and matches your interest, send an email to email@example.com. The email should include the following:
The position you are applying for as the subject