Consultant

Restless Development

Restless Development is a youth-led development agency, known previously as Students Partnership Worldwide (SPW.) It was founded in 1985 by Jim Cogan. Its mission is to place young people at the forefront of change and development. Restless Development currently works in India, Nepal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe and has offices in London and New York. Restless Development works to…

Job Information

  • icon
    Duty Station Lalitpur
  • icon
    Type of Appointment Contract
  • icon
    No. of Openings 1 opening
  • icon
    Salary Negotiable / Monthly
  • icon
    Job Level : Mid-Level
  • icon
    Job Category Development & Project
  • icon
    Job Qualification : Master
  • icon
    Posted Date : Apr 22, 2021

Job Description

Restless Development is the global agency for youth-led development and has been working in Nepal since 1991. We listen to young people, our work is led by young people, and together we help young people make lasting change in their communities and countries. Our efforts focus on supporting young people to achieve the four priorities they told us they need to realize their full potential: a voice in decision-making, a decent living, control over their sexual rights and a recognized leadership role in their communities.

Restless Development Nepal is leading Youth Take the Lead programme supported by The Norwegian Agency for Exchange Cooperation (Norec). The project is focused on enhancing youth leadership across our two country Hubs namely Nepal and Tanzania. The main purpose of the programme is to promote global citizenship and  provide a platform for youth to demonstrate their leadership skills and create positive impact within our organisations and in their communities.

Objectives 

  • To review existing draft Global Citizenship toolkit
  • To proof-read and design the toolkit
  • To develop a standard  online resource of  global citizenship toolkit which will  work as a guideline  for Global Citizens to perform project activities .

Deliverables and Timeline

Deliverables: Develop an online resource for Global Citizenship
i.Review existing  resources of Global Citizenship Toolkit and its reading materials to make the toolkit participatory and user friendly7 days
ii.Design the toolkit ( Graphic designs and pictures)5 days
iii.Share the final designed toolkit with the Leadership Team of Restless Development1 day
iv.Incorporate required feedback from Restless Development7 days
v.Share final version of toolkit to Restless Development for approval from Leadership Team
vi.Provide digital copies of Global Citizenship Toolkit.June 01, 2021

Duration of the Assignment:

The work will be conducted from May 03, 2021 – June 01, 2021

Required Qualification & Experience

  • Master’s degree or higher in the following relevant subjects: Social Work, Development Studies, Public Health, Organizational Management  ( or equivalent)
  • A demonstrated knowledge on either of the areas: Organizational Development ( Structure, strategy and policy development), Monitoring and Evaluation.
  • Previous working experience in developing a toolkit for global citizenship.
  • Experience of developing participatory training session plans and toolkits
  • Creative graphic and design skills.

Supervision Arrangements

The consultancy agency will be under the overall supervision of the Programme  Manager.

Consultancy fees and benefits

The payment will be made in two parts; 40% after the delivery of product 3 (i) & (ii) and the remaining 60% after the delivery of product.

How to Apply

Please send in an application letter highlighting your expertise, CV, estimated cost and a sample of your work at recruitmentnepal@restlessdevelopment.org by 27 April 2021